Dart 350 for Bonneville Land Speed Racing

The Cagiva era Morinis
nickst4

Re: Dart 350 for Bonneville Land Speed Racing

Post by nickst4 »

Good luck Jarl! Pity the bike no longer looks like a Dart but I guess that's evolution...

Nick, UK
dr j

Post by dr j »

Looking through this thread I just noticed that I never posted a link to the 6 minute video that a friend of mine made of our runs at BUB2012. It was tough photographing but it includes his special effects and slo-motion as well. Included are the 2 1954 BMW R25/3s that got records for Chicago Vintage Racing. Then it shows a run on my 1954 Parilla 175 and also one on the Dart. The runs going from right to left are the qualifying first runs and if one is going left to right then they are gong for the record run which is then averaged with the first run for the record speed. The normal speed Dart run starts at 2:05. When I am in my tuck you can see that if I had not gotten the windscreen from Tom and put a window in it then I would have been blind. As it was on that run and captured on the video at 2:21 you will see me peek over the top of the screen. That's because there was a fairly strong side gust that blew me towards the pylons marking the course edge. The pylon was in the distance in the center of the window rather than one on each side. So I peeked to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. That was in the middle of the timed mile so I had to turn it harder to the left to get back towards the center. But all was fine at indeed that was the first record for the Dart last year.

https://vimeo.com/60417345

I hope you enjoy it.
Jarl
1985 Morini 350 K2
1990 Morini Dart 350
Moto Madcap
Hagerstown Maryland USA
Bonneville Land Speed Racing: BUB 2012- four 350cc Modified Pushrod class records (best is 97.961mph)
and BUB2013-four 350cc Altered Pushrod class records (best is 98.319mph)
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

Excellent! That would be Rebecca in the grey/silver and red leathers? If so, she folds up well to tuck in!

I'd enjoy doing that sort of bike 'racing' cos I'm a bit timid on corners, but my small size and weight would definitely be an advantage...

Nick, UK