At last, on the road!

The Cagiva era Morinis
nickst4

At last, on the road!

Post by nickst4 »

I got the Dart more-or-less together yesterday and took it for the MOT, which it passed with flying colours! As the tester says, with all that plastic he has to take some stuff on trust, but I guess that's common these days...

Anyway, the ignition timing mod and upgrading from 115 mains to 120 had the motor running superbly! No embarassing hanging of revs, though the flywheel is obviously quite heavy, and no bogging in higher gears with the modded airbox and free-flow exhaust. It goes like stink for a little-un, but there's a little more vibration than I'd like in mid-range. I had a problem with carb synching because I don't seem to have any spare cable adjustment to play with to get the lifts as perfectly matched as I'd like, so there's work to do on that. I do love the close-ratio six-speed box though!

I've got a number of jobs still to describe if anyone is interested, including what I think will prove to be a successful split-tank fix and restoration of the original blue mirrors, plus installation of indicator warning-light repeaters (a must, on all my bikes).

Now to enjoy what is a stunningly-beautiful bike on the road!

Thanks for all the help, chaps...

Nick
EVguru

Re: At last, on the road!

Post by EVguru »

nickst4 wrote:I had a problem with carb synching because I don't seem to have any spare cable adjustment to play with to get the lifts as perfectly matched as I'd like, so there's work to do on that.
There's usually loads of slack available. There are adjusters on the twist grip, in both cables out of the splitter and on the carb tops!

Sometimes there is something in the splitter preventing full travel.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

EVguru wrote:
nickst4 wrote:I had a problem with carb synching because I don't seem to have any spare cable adjustment to play with to get the lifts as perfectly matched as I'd like, so there's work to do on that.
There's usually loads of slack available. There are adjusters on the twist grip, in both cables out of the splitter and on the carb tops!

Sometimes there is something in the splitter preventing full travel.
On my Drat, the throttle cable ran between the tank and the frame, and I found that it could get 'pinched' there, one result being a rise in revs when the handlebars were turned.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Nick,

Those articles would be very interesting if you could put a few words together for us. I'm sure they'd find a place in the club mag and website too.

The sun seems to be here for a bit so enjoy the dart while you can and let us know how you find living with it. Mines not been on the road this year- criminal I know but been so busy with other things. Next summer I'll make no excuses...

Tom