Factory manual?

The Cagiva era Morinis
clanger9

Factory manual?

Post by clanger9 »

Hello all,

I recently got hold of a Dart that's in reasonable condition. It runs great: my first ride was 200 miles to bring it home - and it it never missed a beat... :D
78ddab7c-a4ca-4948-a582-be6bc3dff4b4.jpg
78ddab7c-a4ca-4948-a582-be6bc3dff4b4.jpg (125.45 KiB) Viewed 7801 times
There are few bits & bobs that need attending to and I was wondering if the factory manual and/or wiring diagram is available anywhere? I've had a look and Google and nothing's coming up. Any pointers?
Ming

Re: Factory manual?

Post by Ming »

I'm fairly sure the wiring diagram is in the library, if you have access. If not PM me with your email address and I have a copy.
The engine is mainly common to all (see The Blue Book, etc), though I don't know whether you have Kokusan ignition or the older.
The chassis is similar to a Cagiva Freccia (I think).
There are several Dartists who can probably help more.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Thank you - I hadn't seen the Library area. I'll get signed up for MRC membership...

Cheers!
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, when I had a Dart I found the manual, parts book, wiring diagram etc (in English) on line in PDF files.
Unfortunately I cannot currently open my saved PDF documents; and I thought I had the problem fixed last week!

All I can suggest is that you keep searching, I think I found them through links either on the Dutch, German or Italian Morini club sites/forums.

Enjoy the quest
Ming

Post by Ming »

clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Success!
I found everything I needed here: http://morinist.dk/morini/engelskdownloads.php
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Welcome to dart ownership!

Any questions or dart needs do ask. They aren’t the most common of morini but there’s a few of us who are well versed in their ways! Looks like you’re sorted with the wiring diagram now. There is an owners handbook and also the Cagive era engine manual. The engine manual is in the club’s library, I can’t remember if the owners manual is.

Whereabouts in the country are you? If I recognise the bike right, and you say a 200 mile journey to bring it home, you’re either Aberdeen way or somewhere in the Midlands.

If you’re in the Midlands you are in good company. I would wager that the Midlands has the highest density of the darts in the world. No idea why but that seems to be the way it is. There are 8 I know of (not that we’ve ever managed to get them all in one place, but it’s a good idea for a rideout eh?)

Enjoy it!

Tom
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Thanks, Tom! Chester, actually - so not quite the Midlands. :wink:

It's is a low-mileage Spanish import. It's a bit sun-bleached, but in surprisingly good, original order.
This is my first Morini, but it seems to share loads of cycle parts with similar-era Ducatis.

It rides very well. As far as I can tell, it just needs a little TLC... :D