Fork oil level

The Cagiva era Morinis
nr.

Fork oil level

Post by nr. »

Hi all, sorry, it's another dreadful newbie question - I've done a reasonable amount of searching, but I'm not sure that I've found the right answer! While I've got the front wheel out of the bike for a tyre change, I'm going to do the fork oil too - and looking in the Marzocchi manual in the downloads area, I *think* that each leg should take 220ml of oil - does that sound right? (If my measuring was correct, I reckon it's a 35mm fork tube and 140mm stroke - well, that's the only thing that comes close in the manual anyway!)

Or, is the level measured from the top of the fork tube with the spring removed? That's the way I've always done it before - and the owners manual makes reference to "150mm from the upper limit of the power rod" - does that mean 150mm from the top of the fork tube?

Thanks in advance,
morini_tom

Re: Fork oil level

Post by morini_tom »

Ignore the marzocchi manual in the members area, it’s for the marzocchis on the ‘normal’ 350s, not the darts.

The dart owners manual is the one to go by, although interpreting it can be hard!!

I’ve typically gone for Castrol GP 10W fork oil- 150mm from the top of the depressed forks with springs and preload spacers removed, (which is approx 200ml per side)