Replacement oil cooler hoses

The Cagiva era Morinis
clanger9

Replacement oil cooler hoses

Post by clanger9 »

One of my Dart oil cooler hoses has a slight weep, so it's replacement time.
Are these available anywhere, or do I need to get a set made up? Recommendations welcome...
MickeyMoto

Re: Replacement oil cooler hoses

Post by MickeyMoto »

I doubt there will be new old stock, and if there was I wouldn't use it due to age.

Try Goodridge or HEL, as in my opinion you can't compromise on hose quality. They may do a service to copy your existing hoses.

When I had my Corsaro the washers under the oil cooler banjos were aluminium and one had been eroded by salt. It failed, spreading lovely 10/60 over my rear wheel. I hate to think what would have happened if a hose had split.
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

It's often worth trying Pirtek. They have many depots and mobile vans and I've found them very helpful in the past.

I recommended them to a friend and he took some hoses to be copied. They ended up making new AVRO Shackleton bomber hoses as a sponsorship deal.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

Any hydraulic hose manufacturer would make you up a new hose, just take them off and take them in and wait while they make you replacements.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

See my tales of woe in the latest ATG- my dart burst it’s cooler hose on the way to club night in April.

Luckily I had a spare but I know from previous experience that the fitting on the oil cooler end is not a common size (and by that I mean have never found anything to match it)

Taking the old hoses to somewhere that can swage new ones on to the old oil cooler fittings is the way forward (the banjo end is easy to get)

But a word of warning- the aluminium oil cooler and steel fittings don’t like being separated after 35 years… I have a scrap oil cooler with no threads left as evidence.

I do need to get my hoses re-made (2 sets actually) so it’s probably a worthwhile job for somewhere that can do this…
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Brilliant, thank you for the advice!

I will take the old hoses off (carefully) and get a replacement set made. I'll report back here...