Club Calendar 2010

SupermotoDave

Club Calendar 2010

Post by SupermotoDave »

I am again putting together a Morini Riders Club calendar for 2010, and the usual rules apply, if you submit a photo that I like enough and use I will send you a free copy, everyone else can scrabble for the remainder of the 50 off print run. They will make excellent Christmas presents or things to hang in your office if you need to make a point of conversation, or if you just like bikes!
Email me a reasonable photo with a Morini in it and chance your arm!!
I am particularly looking for pictures of the bikes in a social setting, with people in the picture.
email to 350vee@marlowd.fsnet.co.uk
David Marlow
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Dave,

How do you feel about NON Morini bikes in the pictures with the Morini?

Cheers

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

It all depends on the context, obviously a burning Ducati lying on a racetrack while a Morini takes the chequered flag is OK..., or if they are indeterminate in the background etc, but the Morini should be prominent.

David
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Thanks for help.
Cheers

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

David

What a hurtful comment about Ducatis! :cry: Speaking as someone with combined loyalties, surely any Italian V-twin deserves some support?

Personally, if I'm buying a Morini calendar, I'd like to see lots of glorious close-up pictures of Morinis, rather than people I don't know... I'll email you a photo of the 3 1/2 to see what you think.

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

I'm sure Ducati are big enough to look after themselves :wink:, besides most people ask if Morinis are Ducatis, or if they make them or the engine, or if you wanted one but couldn't afford one, so they would think it was a Ducati taking the flag anyway, (and remember what Ducati ownership did for Morini!). There's only 5 bike makes all together aren't there? Ducati, Triumph, Honda, BMW and Harley.

As to other bikes I've just looked through the last 2 calendars and seen 2 non Morinis, and there are some in this year's as well (probably, at the moment).

People in the shot add a bit of social context and give it a sense of time,(like the back page of Classic Bike). I think there needs to be balance in the calendar between singles, twins, watercooled twins, track action and social gatherings, and current and old photos, and I am looking for social photos in particular at the moment. I am also not desperate for the shots to be pin sharp if they are older ones that catch my eye and show particularly interesting bikes, but it obviously helps. Thats my excuse for one of the shots I have this year anyway.

Good luck with your entries!

David
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

David;

On the number of bike marques, I think you are forgetting KTM?

These are all (currently) in addition to MM, of course, and let us hope that that continues for many years yet...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Nope, KTM are not big. If I talk to non motorcyclists they have never heard of them without lots of prompting and clues. I stand by my 5 as the makers that the non mototcycling public have heard of, as well as Vespa(not actual motorbikes). If they are older they might have heard of BSA and Vincent and Indian and Moto Guzzi (they make Moto Morinis don't they?)without prompting, and if younger then some other scooters like Peugeot and Yamaha (like the pianos?)

As motorcyclists we tend to talk to other motorcyclists, and otherwise generally assume a level of knowledge or interest, a bit like assuming everyone knows how many players in a rugby team...
(Union or League?),
or the offside rule.

As for Ducatis I must say I think the Ducati Museum is really good and worth a visit, but remember the differences between enthusiasts and fanatics, as identified by Pete Crawford in this months ATG. That said, I would swap any Morini I owned for the California Hot Rod (Google makes this a cinch to identify, a verbal congratulation in print to the first person to do so!)

David
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Are Harleys actual motorbikes?

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
corsaro chris

Re: Club Calendar 2010

Post by corsaro chris »

These are now available from the club.

The front photo has been approved and signed by Lambertini; we've sold upward of a dozen already and they can be yours for £6:00 including postage (a real bargin). Bikes featured range from a single to the 2009 Roadster Cup winning Corsaro - so get your cheque books out now!

Conatct David Marlow if you want to use the electronic webby thingy, or me if you pay by more traditional methods. Oh, and when they're gone, they're gone...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
alan j

Post by alan j »

Chris, I don't seem to have your address to send the money for the calender {it's not in the mag}? Alan J. :D :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Alan;

The address will be in the next copy of ATG, as I have taken on the role of "Product Secretary" with help from Diane. If non-members want a copy of the calendar they can send a private message (pm) and we will give out the posting address. The price remains the same until I am told otherwise...

We're selling these steadily now - there are a few Stradas featured, as well as race and new machines; David M has put together another good mix of vintage and new - as Stuart at NLM would say "get your orders in". They might have all sold by the time we get to Christmas :wink:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Any-one interested;

We have two calendars remaining. Collectors items as the cover picture is signed by Lambertini and features three generation of Morini (will there ever be a forth, I wonder)... :wink:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"