Morini with BSA-engine

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
hombre

Morini with BSA-engine

Post by hombre »

Hi all,

I've seen a picture once of a Morini with a BSA twin in there, but cannot recall where I saw it. Anyone know where it is?

tia,
Hans
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Re: Morini with BSA-engine

Post by SteveMRC »

Was it this one?

Don't know why I asked that, how many BSA engined Morinis are there anyway ?
hombre

Post by hombre »

Yep exactly! I know someone with the same plan. This might insipire him...
Thanks!
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

That'll be mine then........

'Still have an oil pump problem on it, which requires a full strip. It's on my 'to do' list but due to this being rather large it will NOT be on track at Cadwell this year. Hopefully next.........................

When I do get stuck into it again I'll do an artcle on it for ATG, as it is a bit special (it's a full 740 Devimead motor, with a lot of Tony Price bits in it. Anyone who saw Tony race against modern bikes in the 1980s on an A65 will know quite how special he and his BSAs were - though it was admittedly 99% rider).

Pete
hombre

Post by hombre »

Great looking bike Pete :D
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi all, I was wondering if I can find this photo again somewhere. There's someone talking about fitting another engine in a Moriniframe and I want to suggest this one...
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

hombre wrote:Hi all, I was wondering if I can find this photo again somewhere. There's someone talking about fitting another engine in a Moriniframe and I want to suggest this one...
The SWM 250 Rotax disc valve 2T MX engine I nailed into a 2C worked very well at Caldwell ;-)
Ming

Post by Ming »

72degrees wrote: The SWM 250 Rotax disc valve 2T MX engine I nailed into a 2C worked very well at Caldwell ;-)
Gee - how many 2Cs have you got??
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Ming wrote:
72degrees wrote: The SWM 250 Rotax disc valve 2T MX engine I nailed into a 2C worked very well at Caldwell ;-)
Gee - how many 2Cs have you got??
Only two these days, plus a spare frame that might yet get used for another 'project'. The 'Rotarini' 250 was for short circuit racing in the 250 single class and hill climbs. Got me one or two pots at Three Sisters circuit. Long gone now as the Rotax power cracked the frame.
solviken

Post by solviken »

Recall seeing a BSA Gold Star engined Morini in Classic/Vintage racing in the mid 90s. Also featured in the BSA Gold Star owners club magazine articles too. Low oil pump gets in the way of the frame rails so needs frame mods just like the BSA frame 'kink!'
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi Hombre,

I'm in Nigeria at the moment. When I get back I have some pictures somewhere, including of the 'build', which I'll post (if I remember!). An A65 goes in a treat. As though it's made for it.

I used to have a mate who raced an XT500 in a 350 frame and knew the guy with the Goldstar engined version mentioned above. I have some pics of that somewhere too, so I'll add it to the 'to do' list, but I wouldn't hold your breath!).

Pete
hombre

Post by hombre »

72degrees wrote:
hombre wrote:Hi all, I was wondering if I can find this photo again somewhere. There's someone talking about fitting another engine in a Moriniframe and I want to suggest this one...
The SWM 250 Rotax disc valve 2T MX engine I nailed into a 2C worked very well at Caldwell ;-)

Pictures please!! :mrgreen:
hombre

Post by hombre »

morinipete wrote:Hi Hombre,

I'm in Nigeria at the moment. When I get back I have some pictures somewhere, including of the 'build', which I'll post (if I remember!). An A65 goes in a treat. As though it's made for it.

I used to have a mate who raced an XT500 in a 350 frame and knew the guy with the Goldstar engined version mentioned above. I have some pics of that somewhere too, so I'll add it to the 'to do' list, but I wouldn't hold your breath!).

Pete
Thanks Pete, the XT-version sounds pretty good too... By now I have some friends in the Dutch XT-club who might like them! :D