er...?

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
eekzoids

er...?

Post by eekzoids »

what on earth is Bar Tabac de Sports? like I know what a Bar Tabac is because I have been to France...can we smoke in here?
these Gitanes are well hard and smelly does anyone want one?

John in London

( who is never serious except when he's flippant) :?
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

You can smoke all the Gitanes you like in here, they never did Barry Sheene any harm...

Don't know what a Bar Tabac de Sport is either, but I did once follow a very smoky Strada after one of his pistons broke up, maybe should have called it a Bar tabac de Strada :lol:

Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Steve, according to your logic a Bar tabac should be a British speciality. In a bar you want to drink and only British bikes leak enough oil to get a full pint of it.

In France, a bar tabac is a place where you can both have a drink and buy cigarettes -they get a license for that. With the new regulations on smoking I doubt you can still smoke in them.

The real name should be "Bar Tabac des Sports", the "s" is hidden behind the tree on the picture. Such a name is very usual in France. The same way you have the Golfer's Arm or the White Horse Pub, in France you have the Café de la Gare, the Hôtel des Voyageurs and the Bar Tabac des Sports. A right name because that's the place where they like looking at the television showing sports...

...especially rugby...

Bruno (from Belgium, we don't play rugby up there)
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Is a Golfer's Arm like a Tennis Elbow?

David