L A N C A S H I R E !

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
Coxey

L A N C A S H I R E !

Post by Coxey »

I'm taking a break from packing 'stuff' at the moment, so I thought I'd ask this...

In the not too distant future i.e. around Easter time, I will be leaving the sunny Isle of Wight for t' dark satanic mills o' Lancashire.
Are there any 'forumers' [or should that be forumnites] and members in the area - if so, are there any get togethers - what pub and when? It would be good to meet a few locals :)

I know I'm still yet to renew my expired membership [from 10 years ago], but along with the new address the MRC will get a new member.

ps its pissing down on the Island at the moment :shock:
Chips1953

Re: L A N C A S H I R E !

Post by Chips1953 »

Coxey wrote: I will be leaving the sunny Isle of Wight for t' dark satanic mills o' Lancashire.
Still going to be a southerner though. Well it's not far from a few of us up here, either side ot' Pennines.

So perhaps you'd like to suggest a time? Plenty of good trips around the borders and it's not far.

Cheers.

P.S. Is there a prison on the Island then?
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

I have tried in the past starting a meet at Squires Cafe in YORKSHIRE. I did run a trip a couple of years back from Devil's Bridge.

Where in Lancashire will you be? I can try and arrange something this summer. Forest of Bowland is pleasant and don't forget t'Dales on't doorstep if you are in the north of the county. Don't forget the passport and try and speak proper English like what I does.....

Bit of a brave move from the warm souf to the wet and miserable west.

Mike.
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

Chips1953 wrote:P.S. Is there a prison on the Island then?
yep, it used to have IRA bombers, serial killers and the suchlike in... but I think that they've all been released now because it might have infringed their human rights or something equally as stupid. Pretty soon all of the three prisons here will be closed in favour of a super prison in Wales somewhere... That makes it an S.E.P
MickeyMoto wrote:Where in Lancashire will you be?
Just north of Colne for a few months until we can find a house 'somewhere in England'... unfortunately this does mean that my bikes will be in storage until then :oops:

SEP = someone else's problem
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Sounds like you guys are hatching a great excuse for a ride up'north sometime later in the Spring. Perhaps have a chat at the AGM about this - as well as numerous other things, and a beer or two... :wink:

Good riding

(Oh, and just worked out that the Corsaro is doing 33 mpg with me riding it steadily...)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

corsaro chris wrote:Oh, and just worked out that the Corsaro is doing 33 mpg with me riding it steadily
Chris for 'steadily' should I read 'tanning the arse off it'? The only reason I ask is 'cos even when I rode my Buell Cyclone like I'd nicked it, it still never gave less that 50mpg! :twisted:

Post by MickeyMoto »

My Corsaro gives low to mid 40s. Must be the noisencers on George's Corsaro. I think there was a different map as well. Apparently the latest models are much more economical according to Morini.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Once the Corsaro is back on the road, following it's imminent MOT, I'll do a test, as last year I remapped it.
It is much more user friendly for an old fart now. Not that I recommend doing it just because of that. Or even suggesting that anyone with a Corsaro is an old fart, or perhaps ................................... Oh dear! here we go again, more trouble. черт побери
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Coxey

Post by Coxey »

nearly two years after my original post, I have at last left the Isle of Wight!
In Lancs for a few months, then looking on up to the borders... the Scottish side!

Rob

Must remember let Les Madge know my new address :oops: