this forum seems very quiet...

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
Van883

this forum seems very quiet...

Post by Van883 »

I've also joined the Morini mailing list at hazchem.smoke.com.au-seems to be more active (I've had several replies to my posts) yet is less user friendly than this forum.

Strange!

Van
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Hi Van,
The Smoke list has been running for many years and has hundreds of members all over the world.
I suppose some people prefer to download the emails and read them off-line. You need to be online to use forums.

One of the reasons I started this forum was to keep a searchable record of all postings. There are some good nuggets of info posted on the smoke list, but finding stuff from years ago is almost impossible.

If we could get Eric Bergman to join this forum, we would have a least 20 new posts every day :D
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Steve

There is a searchable online database of the smoke-list at :-

https://www.lowmem.net/lurker/list/morini.en.html

You will get a warning from some versions of explorer about an out of date certificate, but ignore that, the login is user: guest and password: morini , very useful goes all the way back to 1999.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I followed that link and was able to read threads about my bike posted by the PO going back 3 years or so, a very useful history, to be added to my next back up CD. We all do back up Bike info from our PC's don't we???
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Glad you found it of use. There is certainly a lot of useful info on there. I made a local copy of the data and it takes up about 1gb of space. I found a solution to some of my carb issues relating to the siting of the breather pipes.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'