End of an Era

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
MickeyMoto

Re: End of an Era

Post by MickeyMoto »

mbmm350s wrote: Some of the larger and slow moving spares are being sorted now for shipment to Yorkshire,

Mark
Not to my house, unfortunately...
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
Ming

Post by Ming »

72degrees wrote:Any idea if Rob has a favourite tipple? He has been helping me keep my wee vee on the road for longer than I can remember - certainly since Hollywood Yamaha closed down.
I'd be more than willing to donate to a 'Thank You' if anyone cares to organise it. As you say, Rob has always been helpful and very prompt in sending out spares.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Ming wrote:
72degrees wrote:Any idea if Rob has a favourite tipple? He has been helping me keep my wee vee on the road for longer than I can remember - certainly since Hollywood Yamaha closed down.
I'd be more than willing to donate to a 'Thank You' if anyone cares to organise it. As you say, Rob has always been helpful and very prompt in sending out spares.
Count me in too.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Sure, can we set up a donation as a product on the club website - or is there a paypal account we could donate to?
DD
MRC 3082½
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

So my last climb up the creaky staircase this morning after wishing Stuart a happy retirement in his office.

Winter project parts purchased and a chat with Rob about the future. Some interesting thoughts which probably shouldn't be shared here. I seriously wonder how an on-line only sales model is going to work for the more esoteric and variable by year and variant Morini requisites. I gave Rob my best wishes for the future.

As a founder member, I'll raise the possibility of a formal MRC 'thank you' fund as a small token of our appreciation, with our Chairman, if Mark hasn't already seen this. We could perhaps even set up a 'Just Giving' page.

Meanwhile, a view we won't be able to enjoy in the new year.
NLM MRC.jpg
NLM MRC.jpg (178.79 KiB) Viewed 11054 times
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Should be kept as a museum!

It is in sharp contrast to the modern dealerships... Know which one I prefer...

Corporate bollocks Vs old world efficiency... Change is not always for the best, as we are constantly told by our employers....
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Pete, thanks for raising this. The club are planning to do something 'official' for Rob and NLM, without whom we'd all be stuck in our garages. There are many people who aren't club members (but are just as welcome) who use this forum and have benefited from NLM, so if someone were to start a Justgiving page, I'm sure there would be a lot of support from members and non-members alike.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
pedro

Post by pedro »

I went up yesterday to say my farewells and stock up on a few bits, just brilliant having Rob go into his stores and come out with a box of secondhand bits to rummage through, he will be missed.
Driving back home, I thought that I should have asked if I could have the flypaper to hang up in my shed, end of an era indeed!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I phoned today to order some bits n bobs: Rob was too busy on the phone to take any calls, so I spoke to Chris, who told me it's like permanent Black Friday at the moment; he can't remember when they were last so busy!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MarkB wrote:I phoned today to order some bits n bobs: Rob was too busy on the phone to take any calls, so I spoke to Chris, who told me it's like permanent Black Friday at the moment; he can't remember when they were last so busy!
"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone."
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Big Yellow Morini?...
pedro

Post by pedro »

That song is more on the money than you might think, only in this case they take Paradise and put up a block of flats. Thats my understanding of whats going to happen there.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Well the MRC have asked me to organise a Just Giving page. The only downside is that as it's a 'Crowdfunding Page' not for an official charity you can't use Paypal.

I will be publicising it in other places and a new message on this forum.

Here's a link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rob-nlm
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

NLM say last day for telephone spares order is tomorrow 15/12/2018, but beware a lot of stock has already gone North.
Said my good byes.
Mark
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Had my sparkly new stainless zorsts delivered from NLM this morning. I rang Rob to thank him for his excellent service and to wish him well for the future. Although I've only been a Morini owner for a very short time the service and advice I've had from Rob when ordering parts has been exemplary. I fear that we shall be losing a National Treasure in Morini terms (how is it possible to retain the part number of the plastic back cover for the instrument binnacle in ones head and recall it instantly? :shock: ).
I have a sense of foreboding when it comes to the continuing supply of parts from an internet based shop. Hopefully I'll be proven totally wrong and things will go on, if not as before, at least in an efficient and reasonably priced manner :?

Best wishes to all at NLM.

Steve