It doesn't do to think too much

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
Greybeard

It doesn't do to think too much

Post by Greybeard »

You know those nights when you're lying awake trying to get to sleep and your mind starts mulling things over? Well, a week or two back, a couple of lasses rode in on this beautiful 1920's 500cc SV BSA outfit to one of our weekly old bike gatherings - it was a bike I could really covet too by the way.
BSA.jpg
BSA.jpg (227.02 KiB) Viewed 6985 times
It suddenly dawned on me that when I was born, that BSA was younger than the Morini 3 1/2 sitting in my workshop is now :shock:
Needless to say the thought didn't help me get to sleep :?

Steve (wot must be getting older than he feels!)
Ming

Re: It doesn't do to think too much

Post by Ming »

Don't start... Way back in the lower 6th a mate rolled up one day on an army surplus M20 which cost him all of £25 (or was it £5?). I've wanted one ever since and watched them become rarer and more expensive every year.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mmm, Sobering thought Greybeard, it's the same for me, the 1959 Viper that I bought when I was 16 would now be 59 years old, only it's no longer around because the 16 year old me put it head on into a Hillman Imp and wrote it off, didn't do me much good either! Lovely BSA by the way.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

And my BSA was only 6 years old when I was born, and now it qualifies for a free bus pass!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Strange isn't it? I've got bikes going back to the 30s through to the start of the 60s and I still think of those later ones as modern machinery :? I suppose you know when the world has left you behind when without thinking about it you price everything in real money. Who'd've thought that petrol would ever cost nigh on 15 bob a pint? :shock:

Steve (wot thinks unit construction is the work of the Devil)