Blast from the past.

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
SupermotoDave

Re: Blast from the past.

Post by SupermotoDave »

1985, Bruce Mackie and his sport at the BMF rally where he won best European or some such. Bruce was responsible for the calendar posters the club put out in the 90s- early 2000s. The front wheel from that sport went into the blue sport photo in the abandoned factory in the 1994 poster.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Also the second photo with the hand appears to show it after it was in the presentation ring getting its prize as Bruce snapped off the brake pedal on the Artesiani rear sets (as you do) when kickstarting it to ride it off with his prize as instructed by the judge. (Dave Calderwood I think)
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Aha!

Was the Mallory track day 85 or 86?

I've realised now that '19' isn't actually the 'Rotarini' , but 'Bitza Trio' machine #2. The 250 SWM with just Marzocchi forks and front wheel from a Morini 350 grafted on. The 'ace' bars confirm that. I did speed hill climbs in that configuration from 1983. The 'Rotarini' wasn't built until <checks date on first circuit racing pot> 1987/88. Talk about senior moments ;)

Still no idea who took the photos!