potential new Gran Passo rider

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
sean1050

potential new Gran Passo rider

Post by sean1050 »

Hi, can i get some advice??

I am looking at trading my 2009 Sprint1050 for a Gran Passo. I know the list price is £10,500 but what should i expect to pay?

Also, is there an after market aluminium pannier as i dont want to pay £1200 for bags!!!

any faults or issues I should be aware of?

I have been to italsport in bury who were very helpful...

ta

:D
toggy

Post by toggy »

Hi

3X the main MM dealer in Dorset have a x demo 08 for £8250(haggle hard and get it down) and some Brand new ones still at the old £9999 price too. Aluminium panniers are very pricey for the GP £457.37 each pannier and mounting kits for £261.35 . The black Mobiplast plastic ones are cheaper and bigger but don't look as good at £261.35 per pannier and £261.35 again for the mounting kit.
http://www.3xmotorcycles.com/
http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.co.uk/

Mine had its instrument dash replaced to fix the fuel light issue which seems to be a common issue with the GP ,which is still hit and miss i might add ,just something you learn to live with .other than that just little niggles like any other bike really . The 3 year warranty should put your mind at rest :)
Dougster

Post by Dougster »

Ive just recently bought one, cracking bike, ive also put on the box's and im happy with them, albeit there not as big as i had on the GS,

Ive had 2 issues with mine
1) The reserve light thats been highlighted in this form, still dont know if there is a fix or a recal yet,

2) The back tyre wont stay up, ive had to put an innertube in it, i know it defeets the point of tubless tires. with the inner tube in i cant use the 90* valve and i have to use the valve on the inner tube, the back tire was soft, went to a garage and i couldnt blow it up, there valve wouldnt bend to fit. i was just wanting some advice seeing there the inporters. :(

Nice bike, and the back up has been brilliant. :)
Last edited by Dougster on 29 Sep 2009 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Dougster, sorry to hear about your poor aftersales service, that is not at all what I have experienced in 2 years of corsaro ownership, quite the opposite in fact with both 3x and the factory doing everything possible to help. I would suggest telephoning 3x and talking them through the problem. I am certain they will sort you out.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

My experience with 3x and the factory has been very good.. I had the instruments replaced to try and cure the fuel gauge problem, and now it comes on early.( but thats better than just before you run out) and in fact lets me know when its time to stop for a bit ( 140 miles or so)..

I also had to have a tube fitted as the seal wasn't working..if you are having trouble with garage airlines you can buy a screw on 90 degree fitting that you can keep on the bike and fit when you need to blow up the tyre... only costs about £5..

Other than those minor niggles the bike has been superb... and I would highly recommend owning one 8)
Dougster

Post by Dougster »

Just an update on mi issues,
3x has emailed be a few times regarding the issues,(they couldnt of been more helpfull),
new speedo head, that should sort out the fueling side of things
And a new back wheel,

I cant believe how quick and excellent they have been since they contacted me.
Thanx again
Red S

Post by Red S »

If you don't like the square boxes, you could get a Givi rack, which will fit any of their top boxes. I've got one on order from italy for 85 euros, including delivery. They don't seem to do a pannier fitting though, unless you fancy building one using one of their kits to fit any bike.
Red S

Post by Red S »

Have now received and fitted the Givi rack. It was quite straightforward, except for the deep sunk allen bolts on the grabrails, which are tricky to get out.
I'll try and post a picture, but in the meantime, this links to the Givi site.

http://www.givi.co.uk/My-motorcycle/?ma ... 200-08--09
Red S

Post by Red S »

New thread started with photos of the rack etc.