Soon to be a New Granpasso Owner

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
nahnah27

Soon to be a New Granpasso Owner

Post by nahnah27 »

Hi,

I pick up my new Granpasso from 3X tomorrow. White and red with Mobiplast side cases, tank bag, heated grips, hand guards, 12V aux socket and a crossbar to fit a sat nav (Garmin Zumo550). Ordered it about a month ago and all parts have come through from Bologna so it really is "business as usual".

Looking forward to sharing Granpasso experiences on this forum.

:D
toggy

Post by toggy »

Congrats on your fine judgment. Might see you down Poole quay next year.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Congratulations... I shall keep an eye out for you when I venture down to Compton Abbas airfield on mine 8)
Red S

12v Socket

Post by Red S »

I've recently had a Granpasso from 3x in white and red. Didn't know about the 12v socket possibility. Where does it go?. I'd also be interested in views on the tank bag. Is it as good as the baglux stuff?
nahnah27

Post by nahnah27 »

The 12V plug could go pretty much anywhere in the cockpit area. A photo of mine is in the link below.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GI ... directlink

For a sat nav one might as well just run a cable to the socket behind the battery unless you are using this for something else (eg. Optimate Battery charger lead)

The tank bag (which fits on a tank cover) is very good quality and has an embroidered Moto Morini logo rather than a transfer - BUT it is expensive. I do not know the Baglux stuff.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/UV ... directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/cV ... directlink
Last edited by nahnah27 on 30 Oct 2009 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I have a cigar lighter socket wired up to a lead with the connector for under the seat..there are also 12v supplies for the auxiliary lights that can be used ( albeit with the ignition on)..( I have used one side of the Aux lights to connect the HID kit so I dont have to suffer the dipped headlight being on all day)
I wired my sat nav to the sidelight power supply thus leaving the other supplies free to connect to as and when needed...
Red S

12v and tank bag

Post by Red S »

The tank bag looks good, and very similar to Baglux. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually made by Baglux as the handle (left edge of shot) looks identical.

Is the tank cover easy to fit and remove? not sure I'd want to leave it on the bike without the bag.

As for the 12v, I didn't relise I had so many power points. I'll have to have another look under the seat :wink:
nahnah27

Post by nahnah27 »

The tank cover is not difficult to remove but it is not really practical to do so every time you park since it involves removing the seat. I intend to leave my cover on all the time. It also will stop the tank getting scratched by the zip on my jacket.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

The tank cover stays on the bike - it has a slot so that the fuel cap can be lifted.

The bag fits to the cover with two fastners at the front and a single clip to the rear - it is much better than those supplied for the Corsaro / Sport / 9.5 models. The Morini web site (http://www.motmorini.com) has good quality pictures which show cover and bag - but they are deceptive as the bag is not that large! The list price is £140 :shock: - ouch!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Red S

Post by Red S »

It looks well made and that it might just fit a full face lid. I'll see if I can get a look at one in the flesh at 3x.
nahnah27

Post by nahnah27 »

It is not big enough to fit a helmet - especially full face. My Arai full face lid is taller and longer than the bag. (See photo link). I primarily bought it to fit wallet, phone, disc lock and papers etc. (I live in France 2-3 weeks per month and it is very useful at border crossings and toll booths).

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sh ... directlink
Red S

Post by Red S »

:lol: You seem to have a photo for all my questions!

So........is there a God?
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Red S;

The photo posted above by Steve (thanks Steve!) shows the size of the tank bag. They might quote 15 litres but it's quite small! It looks like you could fit sandwiches, a can of tyre foam or waterproofs in - but not all three together.

As "nahnah" (where does that come from - a subject of a seperate post, perhaps???) says, well sized for wallet, phone and all the other essentials for travel. Serious stuff goes in the panniers and top box, with helmet cable locked to the rails on the latter.

By the by, note the interesting combination of frame colour and plastic on this GP... :wink:

With all the GP owners around Dorset I think that a get together should be organised!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Red S

Post by Red S »

Corsaro Chris (and Steve) - Thanks for that. The bike looks good, but I still think I prefer the white plastics on the red frame.

The Dorset GP meet would be more sociable than the Surrey one. I haven't heard of or seen another one round here. I am getting lots of interest at traffic lights though.