Gran Passo - 2010 model ridden....

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
corsaro chris

Gran Passo - 2010 model ridden....

Post by corsaro chris »

"I'll use the Morini"
toggy

Post by toggy »

I appreciate the post ,we all like to know the latest news regards the GP ,but that vid doesn't tell me jack shit ,I might as well remember my ride home from work , I'd gain more from it . :) what was the guy thinking when he posted it on you tube . answer: he wasn't
Emmohaswheelsagain

2010 Gran Passo

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Not sure Toggy what you were expecting although there is a longer version posted on You Tube which is some 20 minutes long which may satisfy your thirst for information . The guy you refer to is Alberto Strada who joined Morini in early 2007. He has a impressive track record and is charged with the development of the full Morini range, including the Gran Passo. His skills have already been seen with the sucess of the race bike and many of the race bike modifications will find there way on to the production bikes. Because of th cash constraints don't expect too much for 2010 but if money becomes available and the market picks up look out for 2011.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I rather liked the way the bike was lofted into pointing skywards at the points of changing gear - and that on the "soft" GP.

Perhaps I am just too easily impressed.... :lol:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

corsaro chris wrote:I rather liked the way the bike was lofted into pointing skywards at the points of changing gear - and that on the "soft" GP.

Perhaps I am just too easily impressed.... :lol:

CC
" They all do that Sir"

8)

Mind you, mine already has a version of the 2010 map installed and definitely made the bike better
toggy

Post by toggy »

How do you know it has the 2010 map ? did you have it updated during a service?. the 2010 GP has an extra lambada sensor ,something the earlier bike doesn't ,so how does that work i wonder? :)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

toggy wrote:How do you know it has the 2010 map ? did you have it updated during a service?. the 2010 GP has an extra lambada sensor ,something the earlier bike doesn't ,so how does that work i wonder? :)
I had the bike remapped during my factory visit in June.. they told me it was a new map for the GP so I am assuming that it is the same map..either way it made a substantial difference to the ride
Red S

Post by Red S »

Gedge wrote:Mind you, mine already has a version of the 2010 map installed and definitely made the bike better
Mine is going for a visit to 3x for some diagnostics re stalling with the clutch in. I've minimised the problem by getting the engine up to temperature before I set off, but it still does it nearly every trip. It only started after I mistakenly filled up with 97 RON fuel.
Have you had any similar issues with the new map?
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Red S wrote:
Gedge wrote:Mind you, mine already has a version of the 2010 map installed and definitely made the bike better
Mine is going for a visit to 3x for some diagnostics re stalling with the clutch in. I've minimised the problem by getting the engine up to temperature before I set off, but it still does it nearly every trip. It only started after I mistakenly filled up with 97 RON fuel.
Have you had any similar issues with the new map?
No.. mine has been extremely good on starting and running even from cold..(even before the remap..)
I have tried running 97 and 95 octane fuel ( and even mistakenly some 93in Slovenia) and it has run fine although no noticeable improvement with the higher grade fuel so I dont bother..
Red S

Post by Red S »

Must just be mine then. Hopefully all will be sorted next Friday.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I am sure it will be... they seem to be very stable engines...mone hasnt varied at all in nearly 7000 miles, uses no oil and is pretty steady even at low revs in town.. Hopefully adjusitng the tickover will sort it for you.. :D