500 Mile Review

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
nahnah27

500 Mile Review

Post by nahnah27 »

Now done 500 miles including a day trip in Devon (Teign Valley, Exe Valley and Dartmoor)

Fantastic performance from my Granpasso. It has surpassed all my expectations!! :D

In terms of issues raised on this forum:

Fuel light comes on between 95 and 105 miles.

Speedo overstates GPS by approx 5%

A bit lumpy when cold but quickly warms up - no stalling issues when cold.

No oil used.

The only tiny problem that I have had is that the Morini stickers fell off the Hepco and Becker panniers - now glued back on with inflatable boat adhesive!!
Red S

Post by Red S »

Any idea what your mpg is. Mine is about 33 mpg, but that is around town. My tank seems to be 25l, which was good for 180 miles.

I suspect I might be running a bit rich.
nahnah27

Post by nahnah27 »

My trip to Devon including town, motorway and twisties was 41.4 mpg. I think that the tank is 27l.
franky

Post by franky »

an over reading speedo is normal, 5% is very good.

You should get better MPG as time goes by, my corsaro does about 35mpg.

Glad to see you've made a good choice! :wink:
toggy

Post by toggy »

Red S wrote:Any idea what your mpg is. Mine is about 33 mpg, but that is around town. My tank seems to be 25l, which was good for 180 miles.

I suspect I might be running a bit rich.
I use mine for commuting the 3miles to work (should cycle but can't be arsed) and i stop half way for a newspaper,i get 21mpg ,awful. But if i go on a good long weekend blat its as high as 44mpg.
still got a fuel reserve issue ,even though the speedo was replaced before i bought the bike .I'm lucky to get 5miles after the fuel light comes on .Ran out of fuel for the second time this week after the speedo went spas and reset the trips to zero .
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

18 litres = 160 (as near as dammit) miles which is 40 mpg?

The warning light comes on at 18 litres - are there really another eight odd litres in the tank? That would make a range of 225 + miles! "I don't believe it" is a well known saying :?

CC

PS I rode a Scrambler on Friday at 3X - great fun! Sharp and as fierce as you want to be! :twisted:
"I'll use the Morini"
Red S

Post by Red S »

My fuel light came on after 10 litres. I then ran out of fuel at 180 miles, but I only managed to get just over 25 litres in after that.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

After the speedo head replacement my fuel light comes on at 130 miles and takes 16l of fuel..not sure what that is in MPG but I am pretty happy with it :)
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Gedge wrote:After the speedo head replacement my fuel light comes on at 130 miles and takes 16l of fuel..not sure what that is in MPG but I am pretty happy with it :)
37 mpg :wink:
Red S

Re: 500 Mile Review

Post by Red S »

GP now sorted. Fuel light on after a little over 16 litres used (140 miles). Not stalling, and running much more smoothly after the remap at 3x. Also had it's first pillion trip. I previously had a VFR800 pre VTEC, which was good for pillions. The GP is much better. The pillion, about 11 stone, reports better comfort and view, 1 1/2 turns on the Ohlins towards Hard and the bike handled with almost no noticeable difference - much easier to ride than my old VFR and filtering at low speed was a doddle.