Sods law

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
toggy

Sods law

Post by toggy »

Hi all
I'm due to have my fuel pump replaced tomorrow ,to fix the reserve issue,and wouldn't you just know it ,something else happens (sods law).Went to leave work today and the key wouldn't turn to the on position.bollocks.Now gotta hope 3x can pick it up and sort it quickly . I Hope it can be taken apart and fixed.I don't fancy waiting a couple of months for a new ignition barrel to turn up.
Mark N.I.

Re: Sods law

Post by Mark N.I. »

Oh thats not good, sods law is right.
Lets hope they can fix it and under warranty, and if they tell you what to do to prevent it from happening again make sure and post it up.
Good luck

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Hope your warranty covers it.
do you have a chip in the key that is coded to the ignition?

If it's anything like my XT, which is getting a bit sticky to turn sometimes, you need a new key, new lock and new ecu .
Best part of £1000 to fix :shock: :shock:
toggy

Post by toggy »

I've been lucky ,i was messing around with the lock contact cleaner /wd40 etc,twiddling the key in and out ,and out popped a tiny bit of grit .yeah! no cycling for me as the ignition works fine now .But i did miss my 3x appointment booh.I guess i was just unlucky as the offending bit of grit must have dropped in as i removed the key .So if I've learnt anything ,its to check there's not crap in the ignition barrel area.of course it doesn't help that the ignition barrel area is like a large funnel for crap the accumulate in .
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Happy to hear it was a simple fix and im sure 3x will get you sorted again asap, least you aint without the bike for to long :lol:
Nice when its something simple like that, though still annoying and worring.

Mark
toggy

I don't F**cking believe it !

Post by toggy »

Stopped for a paper this morning ,went back to the bike ,inserted the key ,or tried to . More crap had got in .Nooooooooooooooooo!.Cycle to work ,phone 3x ,sort bike pick up,hassle fuc**kin hassle .Good job i ain't in the middle of a friggin desert.Barrel cleaned up and OK now ,sods law or what!,twice in as many weeks ,and i only got the bike back the day before after getting the fuel pump replaced to sort the reserve issue,not yet known if its worked yet as i haven't done much milage yet (see above). The New Ducati Multistrada with its key less ignition is looking very appealing at the moment !.Thanks to 3x though for a quick response ,cheers guys .
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

That is just unlucky, twice in as many weeks, that would piss you off.
NO NO NO to the Ducati though, dont do it, they are gona be everywhere by the sounds of it, morini for the win :lol:
Your lucky you have 3x so close to you, never mind the desert, just N.I. and Id be stuck

Mark
vtxbrit

Post by vtxbrit »

I had a similar problem with my Tuono last year put the key in but it just wouldn’t turn managed to get the bike trailered back home and took the ignition barrel off (what a nightmare) long story cut short it turned out not to be the barrel……….right on the end of the ignition key is a tiny thin blade about 2.5mm long, it had a small chip in it which I can only assume happened when I dropped my keys earlier during the day, this stopped the key working, I found this out by going on the Aprilia forum (thank god for forums) wish I had gone on the forum before taking the barrel off. :oops: Luckily the bike came with 3 keys so now it only has 2..........If I remember correctly the cost for another key (programmed) was well over £200. :shock:

vtxbrit
Corsaro Veloce
Aprilia TuonoV4 APRC
4V 500 Weslake Barber grass tracker
2V 500 Jawa Hagon grasstracker
500 Jap 4B Barber grasstracker
500 Jap 5stud jawa speedway
toggy

Post by toggy »

I think i'm being a bit unlucky at the moment ,just had a rear puncture that can't be fixed ,tyre was only 2 mths old .Thats £130 please O 4 f**ks sake.
Fuel reserve is working ok now after getting the fuel pump replaced ,getting 1.2-1.5 litre reserve now .
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

toggy wrote:I think i'm being a bit unlucky at the moment ,just had a rear puncture that can't be fixed ,tyre was only 2 mths old .Thats £130 please O 4 f**ks sake.
Fuel reserve is working ok now after getting the fuel pump replaced ,getting 1.2-1.5 litre reserve now .
Thats not very much.. :shock: I think I prefer it that mine comes on early ( around 130 miles of normal use...)