Granpasso Product Upgrade

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
nahnah27

Granpasso Product Upgrade

Post by nahnah27 »

Just back from 2 months in Paris to find a letter dated 26th February 2010 from Three Cross saying that my Granpasso is part of an upgrade campaign. I have not spoken to 3X yet but presumably other owners have had this as well. Is this for a software upgrade that I seem to recall there was a post on a while back? :| :?:
toggy

Re: Granpasso Product Upgrade

Post by toggy »

HI
The upgrade is partly software/ECU Map update ,which i don't personally like ,seams to run rich at cold ,popping and farting a bit ,when warmed up seams fine and smooth.just hope the MPG doesn't suffer .Other updates include heat shields & a new water hose connector clamp plus a few other mods i can't remember.
corsaro chris

Re: Granpasso Product Upgrade

Post by corsaro chris »

Had this upgrade a few weeks back now - revised ECU results in improved mpg. At the same time they supplied me with the centre stand and fixed the "service due" spanner icon.

Had a wonderful trip up to Huncote and NLM yesterday (Saturday) and when I worked out the fuel consumption found that it was better than 40 mpg! This is good, as I was riding the 'bike like the Corsaro; boy is it deceptively quick - licence beware! [Especially coming back along the Fosse Way, where there are a couple of tricky speed cameras... :wink: ]

Stuart at NLM confirmed that spares are still coming in, warrenty work is done without fuss, and that Morini will supply new bikes to order - in other words, "business as usual".

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"