Cush drive free play?

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
toggy

Cush drive free play?

Post by toggy »

Hi All
I just noticed the rear sprocket has about 10mm free play .After checking my mates Tuono which doesn't move at all (by hand) I thought I'd get 3x to check it out . They said it was fine ,but after looking at a brand new bike in the showroom ,its sprocket didn't have any free play .This was because it was new , i was told . I know a cush drive is meant to allow a bit of free play, but this seams excessive to me .My bike has about 7k on the clock ,does anyone else have this much free play ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobS7wErg6g
morini_tom

Re: Cush drive free play?

Post by morini_tom »

My experiance of the corsaros has been the same. I'm not too worried about it as it developed the play fairly quickly and has settled down now.

Did 3x have any news from the factory? If they are still doing updates on the GP then there must still be some sort of activity at the factory. I've still got everything crossed for them
toggy

Post by toggy »

I was told every GP owner should be getting a Upgrade letter,I had various stuff done while my bike was in for some warranty work ,ECU update heat shield and new hose clamps . Not heard any news from the factory from 3x ,so it's business as usual at the moment.I'm not to worried about it .its the Italian way of doing business lol.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Just had a look at the corsaro workshop manual and it says to replace the Cush rubbers if they are excessively worn. No definition of what they deem excessively worn though!!

That said it's quite an old version of the manual (2006) so they might have updated it.

Like I said before though I wouldn't be too worried unless it continues to get much worse
toggy

Post by toggy »

Cush drive rubbers are £2.46 each need 8 off so going to replace them .see if it helps 1st to 2nd gear changes.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Just had the cush drive rubbers replaced.Wow what a difference, no chain lash ,better throttle response and the first to 2ND false neutral problem had gone .Feels like a new bike .I would definitely recommend getting the cush rubbers replaced if your rear sprocket has anything like the same play mine had(see video/10mm) , must have a word with 3x.
toggy

Post by toggy »

toggy wrote:Cush drive rubbers are £2.46 each need 8 off so going to replace them .see if it helps 1st to 2nd gear changes.
Became £32.45 when billed ,like the £40 pegs which became £60+ when i got them 4mths later
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

My cush drive rubbers are shot, discovered when having a new back tyre fitted..... temporarily packed out while I source replacements... tyre fitter who knows his stuff is adamant that they are Suzuki items and a search suggests they are identical to the Bandit 1200 and GSXR1100...the hub is made by Grimeca so that would tend to show a connection with Suzuki as I recall they used to supply calipers etc to them... I can get a set for £17but need to take the wheel back out to confirm they are indeed identical..If I am right I will post part numbers in due course..