Poor running

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
toggy

Poor running

Post by toggy »

HI ALL
Been unhappy with the bike since the updated ECU and map were installed ,as part of a standard factory update .So i got a DYNO run to check my suspicions .Turns out the bike is running very lean .So I'm having the old ECU and map put back on . As i was more than happy with the bike before hand .Has anyone else had issues with this update?.

see the link for the DYNO run

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss13 ... an0059.jpg
morini_tom

Re: Poor running

Post by morini_tom »

That's not lean! For a bike with a catalyst which has to meet emissions regs it's spot on!

What have you not liked about the GP since the ECU update toggy?

I think the ECU upgrade on my corsaro in 2008 made it feel softer, would love to have been able to ride it properly back to back. That said, the power delivery was a lot more useable and the starting and fuel consumption improved so I was happy.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Hiya
hate to disagree,but that was the opinion of the Dyno tech and the MM guy who checked it out for 3X. What I don't like about the lean fueling is the charging tick over ,the stalling ,the hiccup in power ,the farting exhaust,the awful throttle responds from cold , Also takes longer to warm up ,the awful throttle response , just when you think its warmed up.I had no issue with the bike before the upgrade and prefered it the way it was,which is why I'm getting it put back as it was this week . I will report back
toggy

Post by toggy »

Well its only been a couple of days since i had the retro grade install lol,But as far as i can tell ,everything is much much better than it was .Back to its old self . :)