What one??

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
rjt_berlin

What one??

Post by rjt_berlin »

Hi and how are you all?

I am new here and a soon to be new Granpasso owner - but I do have a question as to what one

This is my position

2nd hand from dealer (one I have known for years) - 2008 model, 10 TKM on the clock, service just done, heated grips and centre stand, nice condition too

OR

just over a grand more will get me a brand new 2009 model, never been registered, no heated grips or stand

There are swinging arguments for both, just wondering what you guys would consider.......

Cheers for now
toggy

Re: What one??

Post by toggy »

OOH Tricky one ,buy new lose a grand in deprecation immediately ,but your get a full 3 year warranty.Buy second hand save a grand ,smaller warranty period though.Depends on how long you keep it and how much cash you have to spare i suppose .It is nice to have a brand spanking new bike , But i think I'd personally choose the second hand one though.
adrian650

Post by adrian650 »

Welcome,

on the other hand...at least you know the older one is a runner with a sensible mileage under its belt. New one is untested. A grand doesn't sound much of a reduction for the used 2008 model - or is the 'new' 2009 substantially discounted?

Adrian
rjt_berlin

Post by rjt_berlin »

the 2009 model was really discounted - he told me he purchased it from another dealer who went broke. The guy selling this one isnt a morini dealer and that made me cautious too

I have now decided to take the 2nd hand one - is in excellent condition, I know the dealer and have even had contact with the previous owner, who know owns a scrambler, so he seems 'normal' and happy to meet and talk etc etc

Just need to collect her now!