Warranty Spares

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Red S

Re: Warranty Spares

Post by Red S »

Sorry to hear about the unresolved GP stalling. I had a similar but less extreme problem of stalling when coasting with clutch in. A real problem at roundabouts etc.
3X have been very good at trying a variety of remedies, including taking lambda sensors off their demonstrator. They als gave me a decent courtesy bike - a Tiger 1050, which although good, was not up to GP standards. The bike is now 90% better and actually runs much more smoothly. Despite these issues, the GPs other qualities (more comfy, quicker 0-60, longer range, higher quality parts etc.) still make it far better than the vfr it replaced.

However, on my last service I couldn't get a replacement oil filter. Does anyone have a supplier, or does another bike's filter fit?
toggy

Post by toggy »

As far as i know the GP oil filter is unique to the GP . I was told by 3x the oil filter issue was being resolved.It being a legal issue with the current oil filter manufactuer being locked into a MM only deal.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I was pleased to find that Voxan used the same oil filter as an Aprilia which you can even get from Halfords. Until the factory closed I had no problem getting parts for it. The dealer in Limoges that arranged the deal could supply most things within a week or two via DHL (not that I ever needed much). A company has bought up everything that was left in the factory and is currently sorting out new parts lists and prices according to Patrick at Pointe de corde. He is also a Moto Morini dealer (plus Benelli and MV) and when I last saw him - to sell the knackered Voxan :( - he wasn't too hopeful about the future. The situation could even possibly improve if the worst case scenario actually happens.

Glad to hear 3X have changed their ways lately. Still don't forgive them for pulling out of a deal with Voxan though. They owned http://www.voxan.co.uk for a while.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

toggy wrote:As far as i know the GP oil filter is unique to the GP . I was told by 3x the oil filter issue was being resolved.It being a legal issue with the current oil filter manufactuer being locked into a MM only deal.

I have an Oil filter here in a packet and will be going to match it up at Halfords and my local Ducati dealer..No way is it a MM only part..I heard this before from 3X abiut the luggage and handguards both of which turned out to be stock items from acerbis and hepco and becker (save for a Granpasso gtransfer)..the only bit so far that has been MM only is the pannier rails...
If I find a match for the oil filter I will post it up :)
Red S

3X service and MM warranty

Post by Red S »

Just got the GP back from 3X after a service and valve clearance check. Although it is still within the 3 year warranty period, 3X are no longer honouring the warranty as they say Moto Morini is a new company after the old one went bankrupt. Although this only applied to an inner tube for the rear (£8.08 of a £550+ bill) they wouldn't budge. They are also now charging £15 a go for a courtesy bike, which I wasn't told about at the time. I had been pretty happy with them prior to this. The best I managed to get was the promise of a free courtesy bike the next time I go.

On the bright side nothing serious needed doing after 12000 miles, and after filling up with 97 RON fuel, I haven't had another stalling incident.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Gedge wrote:
toggy wrote:As far as i know the GP oil filter is unique to the GP . I was told by 3x the oil filter issue was being resolved.It being a legal issue with the current oil filter manufactuer being locked into a MM only deal.
I have an Oil filter here in a packet and will be going to match it up at Halfords and my local Ducati dealer..No way is it a MM only part...If I find a match for the oil filter I will post it up :)
I hope youre right.

Unfortunately I don't think you will find a match - The UFI filter is not x-referenced with any other bike. I have spent ages looking for an alternative and have also contacted the main importers of UFI filters in the UK. The contractual agreement between UFI & Morini means that even THEY cannot buy these filters direct from the UFI factory.

Lets us know how you get on.

As for the stalling issue, my Corsaro was doing exactly the same. It was a hooky lambda sensor.

A remap at home with the 'sensor disabled' option has totally cured the problem. - the mapping software & key is the best money I have spent so far on this bike !
Dave H

Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT :)
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 :lol:
Beta RR300 :mrgreen: