Warranty Spares

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Chewy

Warranty Spares

Post by Chewy »

Is anybody else struggling with getting warranty parts?? I've been waiting about 2 months for a speedo sender unit.
toggy

Re: Warranty Spares

Post by toggy »

I had to wait for 2 months for a pair of foot pegs,not a warranty item ,but just shows there must be a problem with spares . I think the Problems MM are going through at the moment are definitely affecting spares supplies now .If not why does it take 2 months for a product made in Europe to reach us in the UK .
Dougster

Post by Dougster »

Chewy, im waitning 3 months now for my updates for the bike, its unrideable just now, keeps stalling when i pull in the clutch no matter what gear im in. Iv only put in 150mls this year because of the problems. Hopefully these updates do the trick, the dealer seems to think so. so fingers crossed.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Dougster wrote:Chewy, im waitning 3 months now for my updates for the bike, its unrideable just now, keeps stalling when i pull in the clutch no matter what gear im in. Iv only put in 150mls this year because of the problems. Hopefully these updates do the trick, the dealer seems to think so. so fingers crossed.
Thats ludicrous....its not the case thaat all bikes do this so clearly there is fault with yours..if its a mapping issue then the dealer should have some of the original software to upload......I dont think you are pushing them hard enough for a resolution :wink:
Dougster

Post by Dougster »

Gedge wrote:
Dougster wrote:Chewy, im waitning 3 months now for my updates for the bike, its unrideable just now, keeps stalling when i pull in the clutch no matter what gear im in. Iv only put in 150mls this year because of the problems. Hopefully these updates do the trick, the dealer seems to think so. so fingers crossed.
Thats ludicrous....its not the case thaat all bikes do this so clearly there is fault with yours..if its a mapping issue then the dealer should have some of the original software to upload......I dont think you are pushing them hard enough for a resolution :wink:
It was ok up until i changed the oil and filter (dealer done the service). I asked him to change the plugs aswell but he never. I think if i push ant further i will be getting charged with harrasment. :wink: I just wish i could get the bike back to what it was like when i first bought it, it was awsome.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Sorry to hear of your bike trouble .Has your dealer fully investigated the running problems thoroughly? As surely it will only be the engine mapping causing problems if they have updated it during the service ,in which case they can easily return it to the previous state.I say this as my bike didn't like the latest ecu and map,so i had it put back the way it was .Problem solved.
Dougster

Post by Dougster »

toggy wrote:Sorry to hear of your bike trouble .Has your dealer fully investigated the running problems thoroughly? As surely it will only be the engine mapping causing problems if they have updated it during the service ,in which case they can easily return it to the previous state.I say this as my bike didn't like the latest ecu and map,so i had it put back the way it was .Problem solved.

Im still waiting for the updates, iv never recieved any yet. the service was just an oil change and filter, to tell you the truth i dont think my dealer can do much more. I had to tell him there were updates for the bike, i found out through the site, and when i got my spedo head and back wheel changed i had to organise this myself through 3x. im a my whits end with the bike, iv only done 150mls this year on her, thank god i have another bike to run or i would be lost.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Dougster,

It sounds to me like you are being hampered by poor dealer support. I don't know who you use but perhaps it's worth looking at your other options (I know there aren't many)

I have had nothing but praise for 3x in my dealings with them and despite the factory problems over the past 9 months 3x have been completely committed to the brand and to keeping these great bikes on the road. It is a real shame if not all of the dealers are as committed as them, which doesn't help to give the brand a good name and give these bikes the fantastic reputation they deserve.

Incidentally 3X are not my nearest dealer but as I say I use them because my experience has been first class
Dougster

Post by Dougster »

morini_tom wrote:Dougster,

It sounds to me like you are being hampered by poor dealer support. I don't know who you use but perhaps it's worth looking at your other options (I know there aren't many)

I have had nothing but praise for 3x in my dealings with them and despite the factory problems over the past 9 months 3x have been completely committed to the brand and to keeping these great bikes on the road. It is a real shame if not all of the dealers are as committed as them, which doesn't help to give the brand a good name and give these bikes the fantastic reputation they deserve.

Incidentally 3X are not my nearest dealer but as I say I use them because my experience has been first class

Its easier said than done, the only other dealer anywere near me is miles away, any dealings i have had from 3x have been excellent, they cant do enough for you.
toggy

Post by toggy »

morini_tom wrote:Dougster,

I second that
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

If anyone is interested..the footpegs are the same as Honda CBR600F from around 2000/2001.. Busters are offering OEM style replacements for £15 so I shall be ordering a pair for my disintegrated ones,...let you know if they are wiidly different when they arrive :D
toggy

Post by toggy »

I wish I'd looked around for replacement foot pegs as the OE ones are £60+ doh
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Arrived today and they look absolutely identical..total cost £19.97 including VAT and P&P..Busters ref is RFP541MBW

The packet shows they are also compatible with Aprilia SR50,RX125R , Moto Hispania RX50r,MH7 and Peugeot XR7 as well as the Honda CBR600 F4 .
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Dougster
I am in wigan and the service from three X is excellent i have recently had some warranty work done on my scrambler with 6000 service and they loaned me a bike for the day to go touring around dorset. why have you not let 3X sort it for you?
Dougster

Post by Dougster »

butchamphib wrote:Dougster
I am in wigan and the service from three X is excellent i have recently had some warranty work done on my scrambler with 6000 service and they loaned me a bike for the day to go touring around dorset. why have you not let 3X sort it for you?
Because there is the matter 1300miles round trip, Anyway, i have cut my loses now and got rid of it, i never bought a bike to sit and wait for warranty work, 150miles this year thats all i have managed to put on her, in my eyes thats not good enough, i had to take a big hit on it as i had all the luggage, heated grips hand guards, but i got less that half of what i paid for it because its not a working bike. :cry: