Corresponding parts

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Gedge

Corresponding parts

Post by Gedge »

I am sure we all know that much of the GP comes from other vehicles which is very useful when searching for service parts etc, so how about a quick list of what we know?

Footpegs/ Rubbers Honda CBR600 F ( and loads of mopeds) about £20 for OEM style
Headlight unit (internals) .. Ducati 999
Sidelight ....Ducati 999
Coil sticks .. Ducati

Sprockets.(unconfirmed but dimensions appear same and sprocket carrier is made by Cagiva). REAR .. Cagiva Raptor .. Front possibly same, also same part number as Aprilia Tuono (although they use 16t).. I have ordered a new DID C&S set from Wemoto for £115 so will confirm when they arrive if they are a correct match.

Levers.. Various Ducati and KTM models

Finally, not a swap but might interest a few.. I bought a plastic radiator guard from my local KTM dealer, I think its for the 990 SMT and its an almost perfect fit for the GP rad, fitted with 4 cable ties..could save hundreds for a new rad and cost less than £10...
Gedge

Re: Corresponding parts

Post by Gedge »

Clutch slave cylinder Aprilia SL750 Shiver / Dorsoduro
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Had a nightmare with the replacement chain and sprockets, finally arrived at the correct solution...

Front sprocket is a JTF740 ( only available as 16t) no 17t sprockets are available anywhere!!! 3x no longer hold any spares or even part numbers to assist customers which I thought pretty poor..

rear sprocket .. Sunstar 1-4536-40 available through Wemoto although I think I may have had the last one in stock..

Chain 525 / 106 HD
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Yep I got same response from 3X a month ago I think spitting the dummy is very foolish seeing as I am big triumph customer. last time I spoke to stuart at NLM he hadn`t made his mind up, but the guys at Quarry Bank would be willing to help because they are Aprilia agents they cant sell Morini so have got nothing to lose.
But on a better note just email the factory they are very helpful, quick to respond there english is better than mine and they are cheap only problem is delivery and card payment not up and running yet so we are collecting parts in person next week because my girlfriend only needs a slight excuse to go on trip to Italian shoe shops :D
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Just notices 3X Morini website now gone
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Yes they have washed their hands of the brand altogether... so much for honouring customers :(
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

To keep it all in one thread

Cush drive rubbers are Suzuki 1200 Bandit parts,, available from Bike Business portsmouth for around £23 ..part number 100076

Clutch slave cylinder Aprilia Shiver
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Cush drive rubbers from Morini 22.80 euro. delivery about 5 days depending how fast you can drive :D
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Really? 3X quoted around £120 but didnt have any stock back last August..is someone on the continent holding Morini spares then? contact details would be most helpful if you have them.. :)
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

The morini factory try ricambi@motomorinimotorcycles.eu very helpful and i leave uk this friday for a visit so i will have better idea next week, payment is difficult and you have to arrange transport yourself but im sure this will improve soon. advantage is lots of browny points with girlfriend she thinks trip to italy is a treat for her to buy shoes :lol:
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Thanks..keep us posted on any further news.... :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Yes -have a good trip and ask them how they'll support road tests, warrenty work and "Brand Presence"? Given the UK press attitude to minority manufacturers this will be a hard nut for them to crack, so hopefully they have a plan (although 3X and other dealers can get spares, just as you did).

And ask them if they're up for a Club factory visit...

Good riding / flying...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Forget 3x Chris considering i bought a granpasso and scrambler from them, they told me i am better getting parts myself they are no longer interested in helping us. but quarry bank near birmingham said they would help and were going to reply to invitation from morini so long as warranty labour rates were ok. yeh and whats the chances of that. anybody heard what nlm are going to do they have had the same invitation but stuart hadnt made his mind up?
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Other bits

Engine shims ....KTM 450/525 EXC
Clutch ...?? could be way out but possibly the Benelli TreK has the same . ( apparrently the GP came with a variety of different clutches which makes it hard to be sure, but probably is a good sign that several versions may fit.)

Spark plugs.. CR9EB ..although you can use CR9E if you keep the screw on cap off your old plugs as thats the only difference ( this from NGK and I have followed the advice and they work fine in mine).
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

It has been suggested that we collate a list of common parts and suppliers for the watercooled morinis, to help us to keep our bikes on the road, and to help where parts availability is sketchy.

There are various threads on the forum but to keep everything together and easy to find I am going to set up a page dedicated to it on the MRC website (in the public area so it will be open to all).

If you have sourced parts (either genuine Morini parts, identical OEM spec from another bike manufacturer, or non-identical parts which can be modified to fit) then please let me know what parts and where from and I will add them to the list.

Equally, if you have sourced parts which have turned out not to fit, then it would be useful to know that info too.

I've said it before but I'll repeat it here- many parts on our bikes are common to other bikes; wheels, forks, brakes, seals & bearings etc etc, and so sourcing from elsewhere is not unreasonable. HOWEVER, without the factory in business there is a whole host of stuff that will not be available and could easily put our bikes off the road forever (major engine components, swingarms, fuel tanks etc). SO, we should, where possible strive to support the Morini factory. Personally I'd rather pay an extra fiver for a set of brake pads to come in a Morini blister pack if that helps the factory to pay the bills, but I know that's not always an option for everybody so I think us compiling the list is a good idea.

You can either PM me or email webmaestroATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom and I will begin to build a database

Thanks,
Tom