Led indicators & Led taillight

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Markil

Led indicators & Led taillight

Post by Markil »

Hello to everyone..
I'm Marco (Markil) an italian Granpasso owner..
I'd like to show you my works for GP and other bikes..

superflux led indicators, superflux led taillight, decat and iron plate with givi windscreen for stelvio..

you can see all my works on : motorbikesolutions.blogspot.com

here some picture..

byeeeee, Marco

Gedge

Re: Led indicators & Led taillight

Post by Gedge »

Looking good ...the decat pipe looks very nice..do you have pictures of it on the bike?

How did you get the indicators to work,? mine wont seem to accept anything other than the 10w bulbs they come with ?? I presume that this has something to do with the relay /ecu?
Markil

Post by Markil »

Gedge wrote:Looking good ...the decat pipe looks very nice..do you have pictures of it on the bike?

How did you get the indicators to work,? mine wont seem to accept anything other than the 10w bulbs they come with ?? I presume that this has something to do with the relay /ecu?
Thankyou,

decat pipe is the first prototype.. now i'm adjusting the design to have the final product.. however i have low quality picture..

For my indicators you need to put a power resistor in parallel on the original cabling.. one for both side.. otherwise flashing is too fast.. in this way you don't have any problem..

Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Thanks for the info..the pipe looks great.....
padgman

Post by padgman »

go into menu via dash (hold switch to right then turn on ignition) , select "LED" from indicator option (other setting is"bulb"); lights work as designed.
Red S

Post by Red S »

padgman wrote:go into menu via dash (hold switch to right then turn on ignition) , select "LED" from indicator option (other setting is"bulb"); lights work as designed.
I've installed LED indicators and followed this procedure. On the 'lamp' setting they flash at a normal rate but the dashboard indicator light doesn't work. On the LED setting they flash at about twice the rate but the dashboard light works. Any ideas?
poco loco

Post by poco loco »

ive got the same problem so for now i let them flash twice as fast but if you know how to fix it please let me know
Red S

Post by Red S »

They've just passed the MOT, so I'll leave them flashing faster.
poco loco

Post by poco loco »

ah so in the UK you already need to get MOT on a bike ?
Will be moving there in 2 years :p so better make sure all is original :D
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Poco Loco,

Any bike over 3 years old needs an MOT. In the UK it is quite relaxed for bikes, in my opinion. The tester cannot remove anything to look etc. It is nowhere near as hard as a car test and the testers tend to be more lenient as they are motorcycle mechanics / enthusiasts themselves. If something is dangerous they will say so which is only right.

Just don't bring a Laverda as the frame numbers confuse the official computer! :)

Mike.
Red S

Post by Red S »

Also, you don't need to have everything as it was originally. As long as it works properly and is within some fairly relaxed parameters, you should be OK.
toggy

Post by toggy »

How is your bike running now that you have a decat pipe? .
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Not sure who might be interested...but I got fed up trying to source the correct large capless 10w indicator bulbs and had to use the smaller bulb..eventually found these on ebay..
LED bulbs with built in resistor.. 2 for 99p plus P&P, so for under £4 for a set of 4 delivered...fitted them tonight and they work fine, just had to turn them to make the most of the little LEDs..certainly as bright as the originals if not better..and no fiddling with the on board settings required..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170871007440? ... 4043wt_932

:D
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Word of warning..when refitting the indicator units make sure the grub screws are correctly located and not screwed in so far that they go right through the plastics :x Managed to lose both right hand lenses today during the first ride since changing the bulbs... eventually found one of them at the roadside but have had to give up and order the other one at a cost of over £60 :shock: :shock: .. That'll teach me to check things properly :(
poco loco

Post by poco loco »

Gedge wrote:Word of warning..when refitting the indicator units make sure the grub screws are correctly located and not screwed in so far that they go right through the plastics :x Managed to lose both right hand lenses today during the first ride since changing the bulbs... eventually found one of them at the roadside but have had to give up and order the other one at a cost of over £60 :shock: :shock: .. That'll teach me to check things properly :(

ouch :shock: