My bike is ALIVE

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Dave

My bike is ALIVE

Post by Dave »

Rode the bike on Saturday excellent really starting to gell with it. Washed the bike on Sunday usual Muck off and a garden hose oops left ignition key in situe. Dried bike with towells and put away on axle stand, all OK.
Went out to garage on Tuesday and its sitting there with the ignition light the netural light and the fuel warning lights on!! No key in ignition switch and ignition in the off position. Put key in ignition turn on and start engine switch off engine with the key and it sits there with the engine running!! Kill switch does as it says. I cannot get the lights to go out and the ignition to turn off. Me thinks water in the switch so the hair dryer is applied no joy so i tried WD40 no joy so i removed tank cover to discover that the ignition switch has anti tamper torx screws bolting it to the frame. Am i on the right track? Is ignition switch bollocxked ? Will it self heal?
Dave :?
butchamphib

Re: My bike is ALIVE

Post by butchamphib »

try acf50 works its way into places better than wd40 have had a lot of success in past with it just keep it away from rubber it can make it swell up