Electrics

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Dave

Electrics

Post by Dave »

Two questions for you to ponder. First where is the indicator flasher unit located on a Gran Passo? I thought I was being clever by buying 16 watt bulbs the standard ones are 11 watts but they simply refuse to flash, back to the drawing board.
Second query is more difficult. Some time ago I reported that my bike refused to turn off after I washed it with the key in the switch. A hair dryer and WD40 sorted it. Now its happened again and theres no water involved. It sits there in the garage with the headlight coming on and off the fuel pumps pump and the dash lights up with a variety of warning lights and sometimes the speedo is doing 138 mph. If I go to the sometimes clicking fuse box and remove the no 4 15amp fuse" Beam relay left switch" it all stops and after a while its all normal again. I normally give bikes and cars names this one is Christine, it self heals!!!!!
Dave
toggy

Re: Electrics

Post by toggy »

Sounds like this is a case for Derek Acorah,spooky.
Sorry I can't genuinely be of any help :0
Dave

Post by Dave »

Problem solved !!!! If you look at the right hand side of the bike (rear brake lever side) the wiring harness follows the line of the frame. Look closely and you might see what was my problem. The wires run inside a plastic tube made up of several sections with various leads coming out of it along its path. Problem is water can and does get into the wiring harness and as the frame points downwards so the water gets in and collects and corrodes unprotected terminals within the harness. It was a long slow process to identify and find the offending connection but it was my only choise. The bike now turns off when the ignition is switched off. Happy days.
toggy

Post by toggy »

i always give a big squirt of ACF50 into any connection block /connection .good stuff but pricy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000P1C8UO/r ... B000P1C8UO