Fuel reserve light

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Dave

Fuel reserve light

Post by Dave »

Been out and about lately enjoying this Spring weather and ive become accustomed to the bike. From a full tank of fuel it only takes about 120 miles untill the fuel warning light comes on but the strange thing is it only takes 12 liters or so of fuel to fill it back up! Have I really got 10 liters in reserve ? I have run it down in stages but as the reserve fuel / milage kicks in and does so every time you restart the engine its a pain to callculate the reserve MPG. Just another annoying italian electrics thing that we put down to Character.
Dave
Gedge

Re: Fuel reserve light

Post by Gedge »

It bwas a long standing issue that required a speedo change to amend..originally they were running down to zero and the light coming on just as you grind to a halt.. Mine now comes on around 120/130 which takes around 14 /15 litres to fill ( one of us needs to ride more economically :D ) which I find is about right for a rest and good to know there are another 8 or so litres left if fuel stations are scarce... as you say, Italian character :)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi guys; interesting thread for anoracks or practical riders who don't want to push what can feel like the Worlds Heaviest Bike, even empty of gas!

I've kept a careful eye on fuel and my warning light comes on somewhere after 18 / 19 litres of the stuff's been used. I have run the bike a further 40 miles and managed to get 23 litres in (yep - 40+ plus to the gallon). Given that it's supposed to hold 27 litres (no, I don't believe that either) that would give a range of up to 250 miles (400 kilometres!). I'm happy to stop after 175 miles, and Diane is as well, so I'd suggest that's a good target to aim for. Note; we take no responsibility for any advice given - always carry a safe and secure fuel can when running out of petrol and know where the petrol stations are...

Oh, and by the by, I believe that Total probably gives the best burn of UK based suppliers - don't know what it's like in Europe, but we'll find out in May (off to Dijon for the Coupes Legend...)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
padgman

Post by padgman »

I bid 17 litres to light on.....then 25.5 litres to brim it when we finally found fuel in north of scotland. 260 miles but i'm glad my mate on his 17 litre capacity stelvio was carrying an extra 5!!