Super unleaded fuel

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Dave

Super unleaded fuel

Post by Dave »

My Gran Passo does the usual stalling thing at random times. Filled it up this week with super unleaded and this last two runs it has not stalled once. In these hard times the extra cost for me is about 5p per litre or put it another way the same cost as diesel. If the bike continues to behave itself I think its worth it and I know im dreaming but it really did feel more responsive. The KTM could not stay with me and the Yamaha could not leave me so I was happy. They were also glad I didnt stall. Dave
Gedge

Re: Super unleaded fuel

Post by Gedge »

Mine doesnt really like super unleaded,... what I did find at its recent service is that the rear cylinder spark plug hole was filling with water and not draining out the little drain hole which is stupidly drilled on the RHS ... Mine had been a bit lumpy but this getting cleared may have solved the problem.. Might be worth getting and airline and blowing the hole clear???
corsaro chris

Re: Super unleaded fuel

Post by corsaro chris »

I use Total super in all the bikes (old and new). It's supposed to be "pure" and the bikes certainly seem to run better. Not only that, but the mpg is a little better as well ~ might even be worth the extra cash for that alone...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"