Cush drive - anyone had problems?

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
nfitz

Cush drive - anyone had problems?

Post by nfitz »

Whilst putting some new tyres on the GP (see other post) I had a look at the rear cush drive and hub assembly. It looks as though the drive rubber is on its way out as the 5-finger male is just touching the hub and startign to cut leaving small aluminium filings inside the hub.

Anyone else had this .... should I be gettign on to 3X and gettign a replacemnt on order?
butchamphib

Re: Cush drive - anyone had problems?

Post by butchamphib »

Yep seems like a bad batch because i also have a scrambler with more miles on it than my Granpasso and it is perfect. I wouldnt bother with 3x they are not interested and spit the dummy. just contact factory they are very helpful and CHEAP.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

For anyone interested they are definitely the same as Suzuki Bandit 1200 .. Bike Business Portsmouth have them in stock , pt no 100076 cost £23.92 a set.. Just had them fitted in my Granpasso...
toggy

Post by toggy »

I had an issue with the Cush drive rubbers ,they had excessive play ,the bike only had approx 7ths miles on the clock . 3x said the play was normal . I had them changed anyway ,and guess what . The bike changed gear better had no chain lash ,and just felt much better. I still don't know why they wore out so quickly . I posted a video on you tube at the time .
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uobS7wErg6g
toggy

Post by toggy »

Just had a set off cush drive rubbers inserted oh Misses! . I got them on ebay £17.95 ,defo same as suzuki bandit GSF1200 .96-04 .Makes all the difference to the bike .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cush-Drive-Sp ... 1573wt_693
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Hi, does this mean you've had to change them twice now?
When I had a new tyre on the Corsaro, I was told that the cush rubbers were Suzuki. He seemed to think they were OK.
Interesting though.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
toggy

Post by toggy »

I'm on my second GP , I had the Cush drive rubbers replaced in both bikes due to the excessive play. 1st bike had 4500miles and second is on 9000miles on the clock .ive no idea why there is an issue with them ?
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Same thing happens on the Yamaha XT660s.
Best fix is to cut squares out of an old inner tube, lay them over the slots in the rubbers and push the metal part of the sprocket carrier into the rubbers so that the inner tube wraps around it and pads out the clearance. May need to experiment with the shape of the inner tube used so that it all fits together OK.

I used some left over pond liner butyl rubber and this fixed mine a treat.
This simple mod cured the low speed snatchiness, surging on small throttle openings and cut down on the vibration.

Steve