GP SEAT HEIGHT / LOW SEAT OPTION

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
rrey

GP SEAT HEIGHT / LOW SEAT OPTION

Post by rrey »

Hello guys!.
I am new in the forum although I own a Corsaro Limited Edition for 3 years now. The point is that I am selling the bike for a more touring-oriented GranPasso and my main concern is seat height. I am just 1.70m and I wonder if the GP´s seat is much higher than the Corsaro´s. I see there is a low seat option, does anybody know where to order one and how long it takes to get those parts?.

Thank you!
corsaro chris

Re: GP SEAT HEIGHT / LOW SEAT OPTION

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The GP seat is higher than the Corsaro - I know, I've owned both.

There is a low seat option, and also you could purchase the GP H83, which has a different profile rear wheel, which brings the seat close to the 830mm of the Corsaro. You best bet is to find one and try it. The seat is well designed - it narrows in just the right place which allows you to get your foot down, but at 1.7m you'd be planning on where to stop :(

If you're in the UK NLM and 3X would be good places to talk for further details - the factory is back in production and the GP is likely to be sold (although currently the plan is direct, web-based sales only...). This implies that you could buy a lower seat direct, other posts report good service using this method.

Good hunting

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
rrey

Re: GP SEAT HEIGHT / LOW SEAT OPTION

Post by rrey »

Hello and thank you for your reply. Indeed very helpful.

I had my doubts about a Tiger 1050 (I tried one and it handles very well!) but definately I am buying the GP...

Best regards from Spain