FL - fuel level indicator- should this work?

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
nfitz

FL - fuel level indicator- should this work?

Post by nfitz »

Has anyone got a "FL" fuel level working on the display. Mine just stays with the same number of bars illuminated until the low fuel warning light comes in! Is their no working fuel gauge on the GP?
corsaro chris

Re: FL - fuel level indicator- should this work?

Post by corsaro chris »

"FL" refers to the heated handlebar grips (when fitted) - not a fuel gauge. When the yellow light comes on you have between 0 and 40 miles of fuel left; mines the latter some I'm reasonably happy - 180 / 220 miles between refills dependant on load and riding style...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I had the speedo change when I first had it and my light comes on between 120 and 150 depending on how I ride..it then takes 16l of fuel so thats a 9l reserve so around another 75/80 miles? I am happy with it set this way as 130 is plenty between tea stops :)
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

OK thnaks - WTF is "FL" for then?

So I need to calibrate my GP by brimming the tank and running to when the orange warning light comes on and re-filling to check the number of litres used. then based on the full tank being 25(? manual says more) i cna work out what the reserve range is .....
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

nfitz wrote:OK thnaks - WTF is "FL" for then?

So I need to calibrate my GP by brimming the tank and running to when the orange warning light comes on and re-filling to check the number of litres used. then based on the full tank being 25(? manual says more) i cna work out what the reserve range is .....
Thats about it yes..or you could fill a 5l jerry can and ride from the warning light until it runs out to see exactly how far you can go on reserve..depends how accurately you think you need to ...

I have no idea what FL could translate as...but its probably a generic display screen that has been used by MM for the heated grips...as the same speedo head is used on other Italian bikes but using different display criteria
toggy

Post by toggy »

I remember getting 165mile before completely running out of fuel .this happened twice due to the dodgy reserve light. At least I got to know how far 27litres got me.