Bad Vibrations 4500-6000rpm

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
rrey

Bad Vibrations 4500-6000rpm

Post by rrey »

Hi there!.

I have my Granpasso for only a few weeks (second hand). I had a Corsaro for a couple of years before and was very happy with it. Now, moving to something more touring oriented, I find that this bike (Granpasso) vibrates badly from 4.5 up to 6KRPm. This makes the bike really unconfortable!.

Engine seems to be running correctly : power is correct, Air/Fuel ratios as well, I fitted new spark plugs, etc.. but nothing changes.

The Corsaro didn´t vibrate so badly!. Have you experienced anything similar??. Any suggestion or idea?

Thanks!
nfitz

Re: Bad Vibrations 4500-6000rpm

Post by nfitz »

Can you describe the vibration better? - I ran my GP to Sneterton and back 500miles on Sunday and I also notice thet there seems to be a vibration in the 4-6,000 region that feels as if the bike is on "shell grip" surface. I checked when on a smooth surface and the vibration is still there and so it must be form the engine.
rrey

Re: Bad Vibrations 4500-6000rpm

Post by rrey »

Hi Nfitz.

vibration is mostly noticeable at the footpegs. They are bad at that range, so much my girlfriend lifts up her feet !!. I can feel it as well badly.
It feels like a balancing vibration because it dissappears below and above those limits (4.5 to 6).

That is a very useful rpm rnage so it is not only unconfortable but annoying!

Regards