Indicators

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Dave

Indicators

Post by Dave »

Just been on the new Morini website where you can choose your new Granpasso. I noticed that the indicators on display were solid amber! My 09 GP has clear indicators with amber bulbs and are totally pathetic. Has anyone swapped over to the amber indicators and if so how much and where did you get them from?
toggy

Re: Indicators

Post by toggy »

I think MM put on whatever colour indicators they had to hand .I have the clear lenses which I prefer .i recently contacted the factory and mentioned my desire for LED indicators as the standard ones are very poor . They replied watch this space ! . So hopefully we will be able to get a retro fit led kit at sometime .
If you check out you tube there are a few vids of homebrew led indicators on the gp
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

I have amber indicators and not much better than clear.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Talking of indiacators ,does anyone know if the clear lens come apart from the silver reflector part without breaking it .as I was thinking of spraying part of the silver reflector black . The silver reflector part has water damage ,which I'm sure you know is common place.
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

The rear does because I have changed a bulb.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

And the front, because the bulb that blew on mine was a front one! From memory it's a single screw fixing together with a small tab; don't break anything as they are probably horrendously expensive and difficult to get as spares :roll:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Red S

Post by Red S »

I've put some LED strips in all 4 indicators. They are better, particularly at night, but still not brilliant (no pun intended). The difficulty is finding some really bright LEDs that will fit ithout having to buy some pre-made (more expensive) lights which then need taking to bits. Has anyone found a solution to this?
toggy

Post by toggy »

I just bought some
2 x 5 SMD LED AMBER ORANGE INDICATOR SIGNAL TURNING SIDE LIGHT BULB T10 W5W 501
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220986447299? ... 1423.l2649
I've not got them yet ,but I'll let you know if they are any good ,or in fact work .
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

They look the same as the ones I fitted...they are okay but not much better than standard bit at least they work without any changes
toggy

Post by toggy »

I didn't bother fitting them ,they weren't really any better than standard ,actually very slightly worse. And they flashed too fast .which I couldn't change via the GP dash .i even tried the canbus error free LEDs ,they flashed too fast too.
mort9555

Post by mort9555 »

Hi,
I was using strips of LED's with inline resistors and I painted the lenses orange. While this wasn't brilliant it was a vast improvement on the ridiculous 10W orange things Morini fitted. Amazing it got through vehicle compliance with those.

I've now left the lenses orange and used 16W bulbs rear and 5W front. This combo is better with the orange filter. Flasher unit/hardware can't cope with more than 20W combination per side unfortunately otherwise I'd have a 16W in the front as well.

Cheers
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

I had this on a V-strom a few years back and made some reflectors for them they made a noticeable difference.
Maybe some nice shiny cooking foil.
Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

well mine have stopped working altogether... although they still work when you use the hazard warning switch?? I also dont seem to have anything at the Mode switch so either the whole unit on the bars is faulty or maybe there is an ECU fault ? what do you folks reckon??
gianni

Post by gianni »

have you checked your fuses. I think one has blown that's why you have no indicators, it is not the same circuit as the hasard lamps.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Thanks..I have just checked the No7 fuse, and it is fine, not blown... removing it disconnects the stop lamps ( which are working fine ) so there is power getting to the fuzes, and the indicator bulbs work because when the hazards are switched on they all flash just fine..so its looking more and more like the LH bar switch gear has given up the ghost for some reason,,,.... Not looking forward to dismantling it ( or sourcing a replacement )...anyone get any ideas where else to check?