Engine starting

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Dave

Engine starting

Post by Dave »

Got the bike out of the garage last night after two weeks. Bike fired up as normal and I rode 8 miles to the fuel station for some 4star. Came back to the bike and it laboured to turn over the engine and after four goes refused to turn over the engine at all. After fifteen minutes I located a set of jump leads and we are up and running. Back to my house switch off and leave for ten minutes and then fire it up, no problem. Took the bike out and rode 20 miles in absolutely foul weather, parked it up for fortyfive minutes in the rain came back fired it up and rode home. Left it overnight and it fired up this morning. What is going on? I do have the ocassional stall and once before it refused to light again feeling like a flat battery but not a flat battery. Is this a TPS problem or a decompressor problem? I dont know where to begin withthis one. Battery terminals tight, starter motor leads tight and battery sound under load, so take it from there guys.
morini_tom

Re: Engine starting

Post by morini_tom »

Had this a couple of times with my 06 corsaro, seemed to be related to the relays which on the corsaro are not very well weather protected. I don't know if they are as exposed on the GP but worth a poke.

On another note- 4star fuel? Not in the granpasso I hope? It'll destroy the catalyst...

Let us know how you get on,
Tom