tank bags

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
padgman

tank bags

Post by padgman »

Anyone heard of cargoflex tank bags? MM list a tank cover for GP but no bag, and I cannot find any ref to this make on interweb! Look very similer to Moto guzzi branded bags but I'm not gonna spend 136 euro on a cover to find out for certain!
corsaro chris

Re: tank bags

Post by corsaro chris »

I have the tank cover and bag. The former is useful, although only covers the top part of the plastic tank panels. Its' main purpose is to provide three fixing points for the tank bag, which can be fitted and removed in seconds (unlike those for the Corsaro, Scrambler, etc.).

The downside is that the bag is only 15 litres in capacity - handy for papers, wallet, etc., or a couple of oddments and a set of (smallish) waterproofs. It's a good job that you bought all the luggage with the bike, as you don't get far with what you can get in this bag! I'm guessing that it's a set made by a proprietary manufacturer, same as the Hepco and Becker panniers and top box?

Good luck with the search - let us know how you get on,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Also look very similar to aprilia branded bags suspect all from same manufacturer.
gianni

Post by gianni »

Anybody has some information abaut what models of tankbags fit nice on the granpasso

I was hoping to install the new givi range that has a quicklock system but nothing for the GP
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Sw motech bag connection now do a range of bags that fit the granpasso fuel filler ring, I have used them on triumphs and they are very good. Check out eBay item 400315538651.
gianni

Post by gianni »

thanks

didn't know that motech has a fitting system
there is a dealer that has some of these tankbags nearby,
padgman

Post by padgman »

baglux now make a universal fit harness. I've ordered one and will let you all know how "universal" it is!
padgman

Post by padgman »

Cannot use rear set of straps due to front seat fixings but works fine with front and middle sets - job done!