Want to buy New Granpasso, Advice Please!

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Musclemoto

Want to buy New Granpasso, Advice Please!

Post by Musclemoto »

Hey Guys, im from India and own a new Scrambler (Red/White) bought last year. I always wanted an enduro cum tourer and all other options are quite expensive and i love Morini and thought why not the Granpasso but i already own a Scrambler and with spares and service issues buying another Morini may be an overkill. But im brave and believe that the bikes will be good and if there is any problem, that can be fixed too. I could buy a Triumph Tiger 800XC but not sure if Triumph,India will sell at a correct price. Please advise and also how identical are the Scrabmler and the Granpasso? And by the way I love the way the Granpasso looks.

Thanks
butchamphib

Re: Want to buy New Granpasso, Advice Please!

Post by butchamphib »

I have both, although the scrambler is my favorite and if I had only one it would be the scrambler. I've owned 1050 tiger and speed triple recently. The granpasso handles and goes better than all three the standard fit options like screen adjustment and headlight height adjustment are better than any on premier brands, but the main difference is the quality of suspension and the way it can handle the weight of 2 people and luggage for a week long tour of Europe.
Butch
Musclemoto

Re: Want to buy New Granpasso, Advice Please!

Post by Musclemoto »

Wow what a nice bike. But i realized, that I have a major limitation to use it for long distance touring as i wont get 95 RON fuel at all back here. We just have one place in my City that sells RON 97 and since the Scrambler is more of a collectors item i use it in and around the city. But i cant buy the GP and not ride. I have asked the factory if they can change the fuel map to take 90/91 RON via the ECU. Its nice to see the factory sell bikes online and hope they start other models as well. Did you notice they have limited period discounted offers on Scrambler 7900 Euro and GP at 8900 Euro. Awesome prices.