Exhaust seals

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Gedge

Exhaust seals

Post by Gedge »

My GP has blown a couple of the seals , the link pipe to the silencer and the rear downpipe into the Cat..I stripped it all off and have managed to source the larger one for the link pipe but am struggling to find the ones for the downpipes into the cat..( 48x44x27 mm )..anyone got any ideas where I can source them???
poco loco

Re: Exhaust seals

Post by poco loco »

seems to be a weak spot on the granpasso because all seals have been replaced (under garanty because i just bought it second handed 8 mounths ago)
The shop just ordered them so can't really tell you where to get them but a ducati dealer should be able to find them for you
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Thanks ..really struggled to get them and ended up making up some packing seals...which have now leaked gooey glue all over the chainguard :x

I will try my local Ducati dealer but at least I am roadworthy in the meantime (no idea how long they will last though...)
padgman

Post by padgman »

Have you tried other italian dealers, such as Guzzi? They certainly seem to use the same type of seal (at least, my Norge had similar) , though you'll have to quote size to them unless you can glean from interweb..
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

well my homemade seals on the Cat appear to have worked ( for how long remains to be seen..) . the silencer seal spat itself out all over the shock, so I ended up using an adjustable sleeve that they use on Audi cars...Dismantled and cut to length it seems to have fixed the problem....at least the bike is back on the road just in time for winter storms, flooded roads and slippy surfaces :(