New GP

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
toggy

New GP

Post by toggy »

I'm so tempted to Px my GP for a new one ,its got cable ties with Moto Morini logos on ,I bet them multistrada owners with their skyhook technology are shaking there fists in jealously .
http://www.motomorinimotorcycles.eu/ind ... ew&Itemid=

I know times are tight, and it must cost a bit to update a motorcycle ,and one or too of the MM updates are welcome ( clutch / bigger screen ) but advertising cable ties as a feature is a joke . No embarrassing .
Red S

Re: New GP

Post by Red S »

I thought we had a slipper clutch, spoked wheels and a big windscreen already.
lstrbrr

Post by lstrbrr »

Happy New Year to all

I'm with Red S on those parts of the spec.

Looking at the tech spec on the MM site, I see they only list the equivalent of the H83 version with the lower profile rear, although 2 seat heights are quoted. Otherwise, not a lot of change, although the blue is a bit different. Price also about the same as 3 years ago, so that's no bad thing. I see 3X has disappeared from the service organisations. Anyone got experience of Moto Corsa in Dorset?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi - and a happy New Year to all GP riders (as well as all the other Morini riders, of course)!

See thread / post under "Announcements" on the new service centre at Moto Corsa; doesn't sound encouraging although I'll take a ride down one day soon to check them out. 3X are still doing servicing, and I'd rate their mechanics highly after the work that they've done on mine...

In terms of updates the most interesting things are the coolant pipes and the regulator, the connectors of which overheated on some Corsaro leading to a very crude "fix". It's good to see that the new owners have addressed service problems ahead of other changes - there is an updated Corsaro in the wings (was shown at Milan in 2009 with the "on trend" low slung exhaust apparent on the Rebello) which will probably surface once they've sold a few more of the current parts in stock :wink:

Good riding for 2013,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Red S

Post by Red S »

I've had a couple of problems with the coolant pipes popping off (It feels exactly like you have just pissed yourself if you are riding at the time). A big jubilee clip tightened with a big screwdriver was my crude fix. I wonder if they would retro fit the new pipes, and what the cost might be. Hmmm.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Red S wrote:I've had a couple of problems with the coolant pipes popping off (It feels exactly like you have just pissed yourself if you are riding at the time). A big jubilee clip tightened with a big screwdriver was my crude fix. I wonder if they would retro fit the new pipes, and what the cost might be. Hmmm.
This product might help, Evans waterless coolant I,ve been thinking of getting it myself.among other things ,the coolant runs at low pressure in the coolant system .so might help prevent hoses popping off in the first place .

http://www.evanscoolants.co.uk/power-co ... -cars.html
Red S

Post by Red S »

Anyone know how much coolant the GP needs? I'm considering my options again after the GP wouldn't cool down when stationary on a recent hot day.
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Corsaro took just over 2 litres (including spillage when bleeding and refilling of expansion tank)
Red S

Post by Red S »

Thanks.