I just bought a Granpasso!

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
gnatsum351

I just bought a Granpasso!

Post by gnatsum351 »

Hello all
I wanted to introduce myself to you all on the forum.

I just took delivery of a 2009 Granpasso. Wow! what a joy to ride. I took the plunge just before Christmas and bought the one that was for sale in Scotland without a test ride and based on some pictures and a chat with the dealer. I was nervous about my purchase as I hadn't riden a Granpasso at all! I just knew I wanted one.
Well I am glad I did it. I got my bike on Saturday and took it out as soon as I could. In fact I took it out three times just because I could. Its more comfortable than I expected and despite being high, it feels really well balanced. The engine just pulls and pulls and the sound on acceleration and the over run is so addictive.

I live down in Dorset so will check out the new service dealer at Mota Corsa as soon as I can and report back. I see there have been some not so good experiences in the past.
Where is a good place to get things like the oil filter and air filters from? I see from the forum that the Granpasso shares parts with a number of other bikes so does anyone know alternative filters etc?
There is one issue with my bike. I can't get the steering lock to work, has anyone had problems before? Its not a big issue but it would be nice to have it working for the added security when parked up.

Cheers Gnatsum351
Red S

Re: I just bought a Granpasso!

Post by Red S »

Congratulations. That was a brave purchase.

There is a thread on here for corresponding parts, but you can also get stuff direct from Moto Morini. Have a look at their website. I've exchanged a few emails with them, and they have replied promptly. I haven't bought anything yet, but it sounds quite encouraging.

I've got a 2009 as well, in white with a red frame. Best bike I've ridden (so far) and definitely the best for a pillion. It's even surprisingly good on track days.

Cheers

Red S
toggy

Post by toggy »

Hiya
Welcome to the forum . i too bought my second GP from Scotland which also doesn't have a working steering lock ,and I'm in Dorset (Poole) . Weird coincidence. Look forward to seeing another GP about . Maybe go for a ride or chat sometime .
gnatsum351

Post by gnatsum351 »

TGreat to hear some one with a Granpasso is close by. A ride out and chat sounds like a good idea, might let the weather get a bit better first!
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I too am on the South coast and my steering lock has never worked either..

Perhaps we could have a summer meet up somewhere secure :twisted:
toggy

Post by toggy »

I,ll bring a big chain and padlock . We'll have to arrange a poole quay meet up in the summer .