New Member Intro

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
mort9555

New Member Intro

Post by mort9555 »

Hi,
Look forward to corresponding with others on this site. I've had a GP from new for over 4 years now, 22k miles and counting, mainly used for holiday transport, home and abroad. Had the usual glitches of others (poor low-speed running, ECU upgrade, replacement speedo head etc) but on the whole this bike is a ‘living, breathing’ entity.

Also own a 95 Triumph Daytona 900, a 78 Honda CBX1000Z and 2x Honda CX500B’s but the GP has pride of place in the garage!

I'm based in Viney Hill, Gloucestershire in the Royal Forest of Dean.

Take it easy!
Last edited by mort9555 on 23 Aug 2013 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
toggy

Re: New Member Intro

Post by toggy »

Welcome to the forum . I look forward to hearing of your GP experiences .
mort9555

Post by mort9555 »

Thanks for the response. Being a Moto Morini, the 'experiences' do seem to be more frequent than with your average jap offering but I guess that is all part of the ownership deal. It's good to know there are a few more GP owners knocking about, predominantly on the south coast it seems......I've only ever seen 3 GP including mine. After reading through a few postings it is ironic how we seem to arrive at GP ownership....'just had to have one', 'tried other marques offerings (BMW/KTM/Guzzi/Triumph) but didn't quite do it'...........probably most of us bought one without even riding one, I know I did but then again I was one of the 'just had to have one' element.

Cheers
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Welcome! I am looking forward to your BSD tuning experience. My corsaro is running like a charm even at low speeds, but I am considering opening the termis in the future an this will need some fine ecu tuning too.
mort9555

Post by mort9555 »

Gday Franco,
It seems that the Corsaro, being the 'full fat' item, does not suffer with the glitches experienced with the 'detuned' GP. It must be a sweet experience.

Cheers
Trevor
Last edited by mort9555 on 23 Aug 2013 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Red S

Post by Red S »

Nice to hear from another GP rider. I'd be interested in how your bike runs post tuning. I ended up getting a PC and using better fuel, which seems to have done the trick. It wasn't cheap though.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Belated welcome to the forum - Gloucestershire... some good riding roads there!

Running issues;

Better fuel certainly seems to help with the GP. I used to use Total but that is getting hard to find in this part of the UK, and I've been told that BP 97 octane is a reasonable alternative. Somewhere between 40 - 45 mpg depending on type of journey (just done 170 miles on 17.7 litres on a motorway trip to Bromwich and up to NLM, for example).

The engine certainly runs hotter than the Corsaro - mid 80's on a motorway at 75 mph, although this was at temperatures of 30 degrees C! The Corsaro is pretty much 10 degrees lower at 72 - 74, but uses far more fuel, also high octane / lower ethanol content.

The GP will pull like a train from 2000 rpm, but I have got through the rear chain in 15,000 miles, although admittedly much of that has been two up with luggage.

God riding - especially while the summer's here!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"