Potential Newbie

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
StevenWGS

Potential Newbie

Post by StevenWGS »

Hi all,

I have been riding a Triumph Tiger 1050 for some 5 years now, and am now considering a change.

By accident, I stumbled into the Morinis and their design attracted me immediately - especially the GranPasso and Scrambler are very appealing...

However, it seems very difficult to have a test drive or even to just see one 'in the flesh' - this worries me a little and makes me hesitate for a purchase of a GranPasso.

Any advice on reliability / warranty / service and of course in general the quality / fun factor of the bike?

thanks,
gianni

Re: Potential Newbie

Post by gianni »

Finding or spotting them is'n easy

funfactor is .......I have no words for it

had Honda varadero, BMW GS, this ons tops it

Comfort and practical the jap en beemer are better but fun and smile GP is the winner

The only bike I had that has the same fun and compareble engine is the KTM950 but the GP is more a street bike and not something to do much off road with

My only problem is getting spares in Belgium I have to contact Italy again and hope they have a solution for this problem
Becaurse I always get a quick responce from Morini Italy but my dealer doesn't ..

The only two negative points on the GP turning on the street it,needs a lot of space
Running poor on a cold engine, but ones on temperature the fun begins :)
toggy

Post by toggy »

I was disscussing this very subject at the weekend .how are potential new Morini owners supposed to test ride or even just look at a new bike when MM are selling online only ? .its not like buying a toaster. Surely MM service agents should have demo bikes ?. If its about saving money ,why don't dealers share demo bikes . They'd only need a couple of each model for the uk . Then you could actually get a demo .
I'm sure if there is a GP owner living near you StevenWGS ,you'd be welcome to checkout the bike . Whereabouts are you ?
StevenWGS

Post by StevenWGS »

I'm living close to Ghent, Belgium.

MM invites potential buyers to their factory, but if I would go, I would take a friend along and go for like 2 or 3 days to make it worthwhile. The factory told me that in that case, I would need to rent the bikes. Rental price would be deducted from a possible purchase.

As such, this is a reasonable offering, but I would then only be able to deduct my rental fee, and not my friend's. In the end, it would turn out to be a quite costly enterprise.

Perhaps, I just need to take the jump...
gianni

Post by gianni »

StevenWGS wrote:I'm living close to Ghent, Belgium.

MM invites potential buyers to their factory, but if I would go, I would take a friend along and go for like 2 or 3 days to make it worthwhile. The factory told me that in that case, I would need to rent the bikes. Rental price would be deducted from a possible purchase.

As such, this is a reasonable offering, but I would then only be able to deduct my rental fee, and not my friend's. In the end, it would turn out to be a quite costly enterprise.

Perhaps, I just need to take the jump...
then Baal near Aarschot is possibel :?
you can come over and test mine if you like
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

I bought a Scrambler while still owning a 1050 tiger, love the scrambler which convinced me to swap tiger for a Granpasso. Wouldn't now go back to a tiger. I had done 36,000 miles on tiger and now done same mileage between both morini's. I would replace them with another one.
gianni

Post by gianni »

Hello Steven

i send you a PM
if you are from Gent (Belgium) you should understand it
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Hi Steven,
I think - in greater or lesser degrees - most of us here took a leap of faith with our first Morini (but for some, not with their second and third :D :D ) Here in NZ I could never test-ride another Sport but knew I wanted one so much I could treat it as a learning curve and social instrument at the same time. Seven years later, no regrets. Morini ownership offers sensory attractions few other manufacturers can. Do it!
Cheers,
DD
MRC 3082½