2014 New Models

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
MickeyMoto

Re: 2014 New Models

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

The services are 10k kms / 6k miles. First service is sooner.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

MickeyMoto wrote:Hi,

The services are 10k kms / 6k miles. First service is sooner.
Thanks, presume 1st service is 800 miles so will be pushing it to ride from the factory to home is 1000 miles.
Unless there is a service place on route home :D

Also roughly what sort of mileage do you get from the 27l tank.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:Oh, and by the way Pete, the new 11.5 has a claimed seat height of 800mm, although it's in a funny colour (you'll see it in ATG soon enough, if Editor David has the space :wink:

Cheers,

CC
I've only ever bought three brand new bikes (Morini Strada, Gilera Nordwest and Voxan Roadster - though even that was already registered in France). I collect a used Corsaro that I've PX'ed the Shiver for on Tuesday. What could possibly go wrong?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Rusty;

Most I've ever got from the GP was around 200 miles. I've done 450 miles in a day with no hassle; you could probably do far more... Depends where you live on servicing, but Moto Corsa, Sheffords and NLM are the only UK dealers registered. There are quite a few in France and the web-site has a handy list.

Pete;

"What could go wrong"? Start with warming the engine up - over 40 degrees before pulling away :( I seem to remember...

Other than that - the Corsaro does about 120 miles before it runs out of fuel. It's quiet heavy to push :oops:

Wash the nooks and crannies if there is salt about, the engine cases are painted, not highly polished like you're used to with the 250!!!

Which one did you buy?

Chris
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

2008 Corsaro. Photo tomorrow when it arrives home - on a trailer ;)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Congrats!

Hope the trailer got home safely...

Italy in 2014 will be a doddle now then, plus the Classic TT and Germany (for the Treffin) in 2015!

See you soon, and if not - have a good Christmas!

Chris
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:Congrats!

Hope the trailer got home safely...

Italy in 2014 will be a doddle now then, plus the Classic TT and Germany (for the Treffin) in 2015!

See you soon, and if not - have a good Christmas!

Chris
Safely home. Apparently it needed a new relay for the dipped (IIRC) beam to get its new MoT. The relay itself (not connectors) was toast - is this a known issue?

Gave me a moment idling on the drive after unloading when it conked out and would not restart. Soon cured with a splash of Shell's finest.

*Might* take it out tomorrow if the roads are a bit less greasy and it's a tad warmer.

günni

Post by günni »

the morini-homepage has been updated now.
new prices, be careful :mrgreen:
sbarazzino 98, corsaro 125, corsaro 150, corsaro 1200, scrambler
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Gunni;

Thanks for the update on the New Models; the Rebello is seriously expensive, unless they are quoting Euros and the GBP converter isn't working the costs across yet. :? I think that I'll stick with the current GP for a little while yet!

The new 11.5 looks a reasonable offer though; a shame that they have kept the tube swing arm, as I'm sure that does nothing for the handling of an otherwise great 'bike.

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Nope the £13862 is definitely sterling as the euro price for the GP is 16500.
It looks the same as the 2013 model, so how come they have upped the price by £3k :cry:
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi Guys, it seems my Corsaro gained its price yesterday :mrgreen: .

Honestly I was expecting that for this price Termignoni was on, or other major improvement. In fact there is some carbon and 5hp decrease of power. :cry:
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Not fair Franco - you also get the MY 2014 engine which gives 20 kilometres per litre (so they say!) through a major remap of the ECU. And the seats are supposed to be much nicer than the "old" Corsaro - although they were also on the 2013 MY!

Glad that I've already got mine...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi Chris,
you are right. Improvements are noticeable, still the power is a little disappointment. In real world the power curve is the important thing and Corsaro is still ridiculously overwhelming with power. But in marketing battle with Streetfighter and 1290 Superduke it is loosing. No big deal, hope MM will be successfull and moving factory from Bologna near to Milan will help them.
I am totally happy with MY12 Corsaro and will easily sustain with it for another 5 years if there are no problems. Each year there is room for tuning (carbon parts, seat from current model, custom ECU mapping) and in 2018 maybe there will be Corsaro Veloce 1400 with 150NM, 200HP and life insurance included :-D.

BTW: I am desperate for decent temperatures, just about 100days to go :roll: :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Franco;

Agreed all your comments, especially about the weather

Would have replied earlier but I've just been reading the latest copy of ATG from cover to cover (and I should be working...); lots of info on old Morinis, and tons (sorry, tonnes) of stuff on 2014MY 11.5, Corsaro, Scrambler, GP and Rebello...

Let's all hope that 2014 will be a good year for both Morini and their riders

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Hi Chris,
I am wondering what ATG is. Motorcycle magazine? We dont have such thing in Czech Republic :lol: .