2014 New Models

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Red S

2014 New Models

Post by Red S »

I've exchanged a few emails with the very helpful factory and had an email from MM the other day inviting me to Italy to look at the new model lineup. Has anyone seen any pictures? The internet seems a bit light on them at the moment. The email said:

The five models are part of the original Moto Morini 2014 collection; starting from 2014, the Moto Morini range is enhanced with the introduction of two new models and:

Rebello 1200 with the new RS14 130 hp engine and Carbon body

11 ½ 1200 with Carbon body

Corsaro Veloce 1200 Carbon with the new RS14 engine

Granpasso 1200 Carbon

Scrambler 1200 Carbon

The MY 2014 range can be ordered on our website or by our official Moto Morini Points from December 2nd, 2013.
MickeyMoto

Re: 2014 New Models

Post by MickeyMoto »

The website only has 2013 models.

Maybe the grand launch is awaited at the beginning of December?

Were MM at the Milan show?
toggy

Post by toggy »

I'll be interested to see how much carbon they throw at the GP . It would also be nice to see some other small mods ,like LED Indiacators .

MM weren't at the EICMA MIlan show
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Morini weren't at EICMA but had a strong presence at the Pirelli store just down the road, with the full 2014 lineup there.

The Morini Riders Club were there to get the latest news direct from MM. Look out in ATG for pictures and info!

Tom
Red S

Post by Red S »

Looks like I'll need to join the club then......
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Still nothing but high, heavy 1200s then. <Crosses Morini off bike shopping list yet again with a heavy heart>
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Writing this post is taking time away from writing up my big report for ATG on the 2014 models, yes the MRC were there at the launch!
Photos of all the bikes promised in the next issue on your doormat mid December.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Well get on with it then.... :D
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Some pictures of the MY14 bikes as seen by the MRC in Milan now on the MRC photos page:

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/photos/readers.html

More info in ATG!
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Confussed with comment high and heavy 1200. None are heavy and only one High. Have you ever road one 72degrees ?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

butchamphib wrote:Confussed with comment high and heavy 1200. None are heavy and only one High. Have you ever road one 72degrees ?
Well to be fair you can't get a much lower, lighter bike than my 2C/375 that's still got a decent amount of power. I'm also used to single cylinder supermoto style speed hill climb bikes at not much more than 100 Kgs and 40+ BHP. A bit high as standard MX bikes but both mine have had the suspension lowered.

Then there are the Gilera GFR featherweights which are also pretty low - too low at the clip-ons end :)

Anything with a seat height of more than 800mm is a bit high in my book as I am a short arse. My Voxan Roadster was very low. OK. At least the Corsaro is under 200 Kg ,just , but that's still more than my Voxan at 184 Kgs. I've sat on one a few times. As to riding one - watch this space ;)
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Does anyone on the forum (in the UK) actually own one !
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Rusty;

Welcome to the MRC Forum - and when you join the club you'll see that there are a few GP in the UK (probably a dozen or so). It's a riders club, so they get used - you're welcome to come part way down my way and sit on mine if you like! We took it to Dijon in 2012, and to the Netherlands the year before.

Butch has one and has done significant miles on it, but note 72 degrees comments - the seat is high...

We're also hoping to get down to the 25th anniversary of the Italian Morini Club next year (in the Po valley) - on the GP of course. The visit will also swing by the factory, and some members may be hiring bikes after flying down. Moto Corsa in Shaftsbury and NLM in Leicester can both help with advice on the bikes; the former has just had a new Corsaro, and the latter has actually sold several GPs.

Let us know how you get on!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Oh, and by the way Pete, the new 11.5 has a claimed seat height of 800mm, although it's in a funny colour (you'll see it in ATG soon enough, if Editor David has the space :wink:

Cheers,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

corsaro chris wrote:Hi Rusty;

Welcome to the MRC Forum - and when you join the club you'll see that there are a few GP in the UK (probably a dozen or so). It's a riders club, so they get used - you're welcome to come part way down my way and sit on mine if you like! We took it to Dijon in 2012, and to the Netherlands the year before.

Butch has one and has done significant miles on it, but note 72 degrees comments - the seat is high...

We're also hoping to get down to the 25th anniversary of the Italian Morini Club next year (in the Po valley) - on the GP of course. The visit will also swing by the factory, and some members may be hiring bikes after flying down. Moto Corsa in Shaftsbury and NLM in Leicester can both help with advice on the bikes; the former has just had a new Corsaro, and the latter has actually sold several GPs.

Let us know how you get on!

Good riding,

CC
Saw that the seat height is 830/32.5 I am 5'9" but ride BMW RT's and don't have an problem.
I would be good just to see one in the flesh and have a perch on one, before buzzing off to Italy so will take up your kind offer.

Have just arranged a trip to Croatia next July, so will see if I can route via Bologna.

Also what is the service schedule for the GP.