A question of height..

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Jay

A question of height..

Post by Jay »

I've just returned from a 1500 mile tour of Ireland on my Scrambler. The bike was epic - no issues, no faults,
rode the A roads and lanes like a dream. Suspension was perfect and the torque phenomenal.

My problem - I'm 6'1" and I now have a twinge in my left hip. I have found the knee angle from the riding position too acute and I have these options I think;

- Lower the pegs somehow
- Get the seat reupholstered to boost the height
- Swap it for a Gran Passo which may ( I don't know) have a higher seat .... anyone here know?
- Sell it

I love the handling, balance and sheer grunt but it's a classic Italian design for someone with short legs and long arms. I have the long arms...

Appreciate any intel from GP owners

Thanks
corsaro chris

Re: A question of height..

Post by corsaro chris »

Well, we're just back from an 1,100 mile tour to SW Germany (Trier) where it was nice and warm...

The GP seat is higher than the Scrambler - from memory about 4.5cm at 875mm (or 830 if you specified the lowered height version - which according to the downloadable data sheets off the MM website is the same as the Scrambler). The position of the footrest to seat base is good for long distances, as long as you can reach the ground (which at 6' 1" you should do easily). All you have to do now is find one to buy... (and I might know of one!)

Good hunting,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Jay

Post by Jay »

Thanks Chris. Yes I've discovered those sheets, and spoken to a GP owner down south. North Leicester Motorcycles are getting one in so I'm hoping to have a sit. Looks ideal to be honest, same engine but leggier stance.

I think I need to sell the Scrambler... :shock:
Jay

Post by Jay »

Sold it. Second viewer.

Actively looking for a GP :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Ahh - the bug bites deep...

They are lovely, and the Factory is selling panniers and fitting kits for them (although they have run out of top-boxes, I understand...)

One will be along shortly, I'm sure, so keep your eyes peeled :!:

Good riding - might see you at the Midlands ride-out?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The factory has an ex-demo at 9k euros with 1,700kms on it. Looks nice in blue.

Exchange rate favourable against the euroroubledrachma so buy at 6.5kgbp ish
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

You can take the Italian VAT off if importing in to the UK... Currently there are 3 GP (light grey, purple? and white with panniers fitted) and a blue Corsaro on offer

You won't get any answer from the factory though - it's August and they'll all be on holiday!

Good hunting!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi, yes I saw the blue one and have been in dialogue with the factory on that and some other possibilities, but they're closed until September. I'd love to get out there but the cheap flights aren't that cheap!

Hoping I might just be sorted in time for that ride out..

J
Jay

Post by Jay »

I've bought the white GP ex-rental bike. APTC, Ohlins shock, panniers and I've paid them to put the heated grips on it. 7000km. Must say their pricing is rather aggressive - I wouldn't be happy if I was selling one privately.

Now the faff of getting it registered...