GP NLM

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
MickeyMoto

GP NLM

Post by MickeyMoto »

Nice Passo in NLM... :)

Looks a bit bare without panniers, topbox etc. One careful semi-retired owner and wife apparently....
72degrees

Re: GP NLM

Post by 72degrees »

MickeyMoto wrote:Nice Passo in NLM... :)

Looks a bit bare without panniers, topbox etc. One careful semi-retired owner and wife apparently....
Heh. I noticed it when I was up there trying to get a new ignition module but didn't like to mention it. :wink:

Looked at a K2 and a couple of Stradas and managed to get an indication of a PX value for the Corsaro.
After riding it back home and to Shelsley Walsh the next weekend I decided that a) I didn't want to sell it and b) I really needed a modern middleweight not another old Italian bike, so I've added an ER6-n to the fleet :oops:
Ben 11 1/2

Post by Ben 11 1/2 »

MickeyMoto wrote:Nice Passo in NLM... :)

I saw this after finally getting down to NLM to take a look around yesterday (only about a year later than originally planned!! :oops: )

Was it yours then Mickey?! I agree with the proprietor that it's probably in the best colours, and the price to me seemed entirely reasonable (if not a downright bargain - if only I was in the market for one.......).

What a lovely bloke I spoke to whilst there (as I say, I think he was the guv'nor). We had a good 25 minute chat about the history and current state of MM, the new bikes, the old bikes, Capitosti, Marzocchi's demise etc. My quest to see an 11 1/2 in the flesh remains unrealised - he didn't think there were currently any in the UK at all. He said they had taken delivery of a couple of new GPs in the last two weeks though, so all seems well at the factory, I guess.

Can't imagine the GP mentioned above will be around long though - he had another in the shop he had already sold as well (white, I think)

All the best,
Ben
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

No, not mine. Would love to try one.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

So you could have tried the one in NLM, Mike?

I understand that it has the lowered seat and has been around most of western Europe (well, the interesting bits anyway) :)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I think it looks very similar to the one on the left here. I realised that I've spent more than 3,000 miles riding alongside it over the last five years.

"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi, the white one is mine - now home after the palava of getting it registered with HMRC and DVLA. It's three years old, with the APTC clutch, luggage and heated grips.

corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Well done Jay - time to fix up a meeting! Perhaps at the next northern Home Counties meeting at Bedford? You'll be able to test those heated grips...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi Chris, sure why not?! When is it please, I don't see a listing for meets on the forum or am I being dim??

J
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Jay;

Probably another thing that we need to fix for the web site! Home Counties North meet on the second Thursday of the month at the Shefford Memorial Hall, SG17 5JA; contact details for Mark Bailey are in the Club magazine (always wise to phone in advance to ensure that some-one will be there!).

So the next meeting will be December 10th - we might not be getting together until the Spring!!!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Jay

As Chris says, the northern home counties meet in Shefford, near Bedford. Things tend to go quiet during the dark winter months (most of us have headlights that aren't as good as those on a Gran Passo!) but if you're interested in meeting up, do let me know and we can arrange something. Regards, Mark. (Here's one we went to earlier:)

"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Delhispearman

Post by Delhispearman »

Buongiorno from Napoli,

I'm pretty sure this is the grey GP I bought from Stuart at NLM last year but only managed a couple of short trips before having to put it into storage. So it is hidden away at the moment near Swindon until I can find time to run it over the Alps. Sadly it is not getting the attention it deserves - a pity as I love the sound track! I run a KTM Adventure and a Guzzi Cali EV here in Italy. As far as the GP goes I have just got some soft luggage for it from Enduristan and an exhaust heat shield so I'll report back when I have had a chance to get some miles under my belt. I would have loved the hard luggage option if anyone has a set...? Next step is a taller screen, me thinks. Givi does one and I'd be grateful to hear any feedback on its effectiveness. I followed the thread about the FL line in the instrument panel with interest as I too assumed it was the fuel level. That is just very bizarre...! Best wishes and safe riding to all GP owners and should you be heading to southern Italy give me a shout and I'll gladly show you around some of the outstanding roads down here.

Andrew
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi Andrew, re the screen, I found I was being buffeted and bought a lip...

- https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_X- ... ector.html -

...to bolt on to the top of the screen, with various angles. I tried every angle under the sun but it made no difference so NLM removed the entire screen 'tidily' when it was there for a service and it's now in my attic. I've raised the bars by 1", added Acerbis hand guards for a more supermoto look and just take the wind head on thinking I'm Wolverine, I find it easier than the buffeting I was getting. FYI I'm 6'0" and 32" leg.

I have the black/silver hard luggage set, it's pretty cool and came with the bike. May be worth asking the factory?

J
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Andrew;

The link to the current factory baggage range; http://motomorini.eu/shop/accessori/val ... 2-singola/ This shows a case used as both side and top box, and implies that there are fixings included. Up until a year or so ago, the panniers were listed as accessories, but now all new GPs come with a pair of panniers and heated grips as standard. I'm sure that they'd be happy to sell you a set, but H & B possibly list the GP as a bike that they sell kit for as an alternative?

The original bikes used Hepco and Becker, I suspect that there is a Morini 'dealer' somewhere near you in Italy, and so it might be worth seeing what's still around.

Good riding, and I might be in touch over riding roads in southern Italy later in the year - we want to get down to the Amalfi coast and Paestum, possibly during September...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Delhispearman

Post by Delhispearman »

Jay wrote:Hi Andrew, re the screen, I found I was being buffeted and bought a lip...

- https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_X- ... ector.html -

...to bolt on to the top of the screen, with various angles. I tried every angle under the sun but it made no difference so NLM removed the entire screen 'tidily' when it was there for a service and it's now in my attic. I've raised the bars by 1", added Acerbis hand guards for a more supermoto look and just take the wind head on thinking I'm Wolverine, I find it easier than the buffeting I was getting. FYI I'm 6'0" and 32" leg.

I have the black/silver hard luggage set, it's pretty cool and came with the bike. May be worth asking the factory?

J
Thanks for this Jay - I am sneaking up on a Givi Screen on offer in Italy - I'll let you know how it goes.

Andrew