New owner

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Painter

New owner

Post by Painter »

Hi
I have just joined this forum.
In July I bought a grey and black granpasso on eBay, it's been everything I had hoped, since there are so few in the uk I am curious if anyone on this forum has ever owned my bike, it's a Feb 2009 on a 58 plate reg kx58hlp, originally sold by nlm, they have no record of the servicing.
The dash currently reads 7900 which could be genuine as the rest of the bike is very good.
I have serviced it and replaced the worn cushdrive rubbers but apart from that it's been very reliable if only over a short period of time.
It is my main shopping bike, so it going to be used, I will let you all know how I progress with it. My previous big trail bikes have been, triumph tiger2000, cagiva elefant x 2, ktm 950 ,bmw 1150 adventure x2 cagiva gran canyon.
To quote italsport it's the closest thing to a modern day elefant, I would agree certainly just as entertaining with a big dollop of practicality.
Cheer Steve
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122.56 KiB) Viewed 11138 times
corsaro chris

Re: New owner

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Steve;

Welcome to the Forum and GP ownership. There are probably about 15 of these bikes in the UK (although there are a couple of 'as new' model year 2013 bikes just registered) and so they are a rare breed indeed.

Good to hear that you are enjoying the bike - let us know where you are based as there is every possibility of a few of us getting together sometime soon (possibly at the MRC Bedford meeting). In the meantime, keep us posted on your progress, and good riding...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Painter

Post by Painter »

Thanks for the welcome,
I forgot to mention that many moons ago, I had a morini 500 sport and had the use of a 77 350 sport back in the late seventies.
Having owned lots of dukes, and still have a 1098s and a 900ss bevel it's great to support what is a great historic company, I have been a fan of lambertini' work for some time, I wish people had a little more faith in these new bikes.
On another note.
I have just fitted an big oil cooler as it gets upto temp quite quickly.
Cheers steve
Painter

Post by Painter »

Hi
I am based on the Wirral, but would be happy on occasion to travel and meet up with other owners.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Steve;

Watch the fuel in the Wirral... Butch up your way has had problems with the expansion of the fuel tank. It helps to use best quality fuel - go for the stuff with little / no ethanol; usually BP / Shell - ot Total if you can find it!

Cheers,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Painter

Post by Painter »

Thanks I have heard that supermarket fuel is not good will try it and let you know :
Cheers steve
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi Stev, fellow GP owner here, in Staffordshire. You me and Chris - that's 3 accounted for!

Hope to see you out and about some time.

J