Gran Passo R and 2016 prices

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
RHThomas

Gran Passo R and 2016 prices

Post by RHThomas »

This link to Motociclismo: http://www.motociclismo.it/articoli/vie ... 2016-65010
(with the help of google translate) gives details of the 2016 prices and announces a new Gran Passo R
which is a Gran Passo with 17 inch wheels and other tweaks for a purely road oriented bike. The good news for me is a much lower seat height…

2016 Prices:
11 ½ - 13.750 euro
Scrambler 1200 - 15.450 euro
Corsaro 1200 Veloce - 18.750 euro
Granpasso 1200 - 19.950 euro
Granpasso-R - 19.250 euro

Cheers,
Robin
MickeyMoto

Re: Gran Passo R and 2016 prices

Post by MickeyMoto »

Any mention of ABS or Euro 4 compliance?
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

It does not have ABS and appears not to be euro 4 compliant.
The Motociclismo article notes that Morini say it's a business decision not to use electronics in order to "preserve the feeling of full control"...
But all models will have ABS and be Euro 4 compliment for 2017. So don't expect traction control, riding modes, etc.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Looking at the price pollitics of the last years I doubt wether they want to sell any bike.

"preserve the feeling of full control" means no developement in the last ten years?

:roll: norbert
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All the same I fancy a GP-R - as long as they can reassure me on the swing arm issue...

Wonder how easy it is to retro-fit the 17" wheels (which could be a good British compromise!)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Morini Factory web site has the GP-R featured now, and lots of other new stuff....

Interesting to note that the Rebello is no longer listed, though. Obviously didn't find favour with the target audience :wink:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

There's a test of the GP-R here (in Italian): http://www.moto.it/prove/moto-morini-granpasso-r.html

And also an interview with Jannuzzelli (also in Italian): http://www.moto.it/news/moto-morini-oggi.html
It makes interesting reading (via google translate) it seems he has recognized the need to move away from selling bikes exclusively through the website and mentions setting up distributors for France and importers for Japan, Australia & New Zealand but, alas, no mention of UK.
Other interesting points: MM have 11 employees plus 4 consultants, they aim to produce about 150 bikes a year...
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

No mention of an importer for Germany either - which is reported to be one of their important markets...

Interesting test on the GP-R; looks like they may have altered the frame geometry, so no simple change of the wheels for me and my GP! I wonder if the UK press will pick up on this model?

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
brmoke

Post by brmoke »

In the meantime a german importer has appeared. We will have to wait if this is the right way. I rather fear that the prices of the bikes will not be competitive on the market.
The shortest connection between two points is a straight, the nicest one a curve 8)