Hid lights

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
Painter

Hid lights

Post by Painter »

Hi
It's been a while , so I thought I would update you all as to my progress with my passo.
I fitted hid lights, high and low beam, which make a great difference , and fitted a handle bar switch to switch them off before starting which gives the battery an easier time.
The available space is a bit crampt but the ballast resistors fit quite well, I will upload some pix.
Also fitted a BMW gs1150 adv screen, I have owned two of these amazing bikes and loved the weather protection, so now I have the best of both worlds fast punchy twin with great protection upto pretty high touring speeds.
Another mod is a fender extender which stops the crud washing the front of the motor, and finally I have been experimenting with a big oil cooler mounted on the front of the engine, as the motor gets damn hot in traffic in the summer, so thought it might help, yet to test properly.
Hope to meet up with any fellow owners this year, let me know , all the best
Painter
Delhispearman

Re: Hid lights

Post by Delhispearman »

Hi Painter - love to see some pics of your mods when you have a moment. I am just about to fit a higher Givi Screen to mine as the standard does not offer enough protection IMHO.
Red S

Re: Hid lights

Post by Red S »

Which HID lights did you fit please? My low beams are quite poor.